Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Just a few things I noted:

Those pesky email notifications have been turned back on.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.  Use the pull-down menu next to your user name in upper-right corner.  Go to "Preferences" and say "No" to all that stuff (unless you have no life and like all those emails).

There is now a need to "Friend" someone before they can take certain actions, such as send them an internal email.  Probably for other things too.  What's that about. They did not call it "Best Imaginary Friending" the person, but whatever.  So we now must add each other as "Friends".  Am trying to decide about Phil.  Read this:

http://community.lls.org/thread/12187

There is now a "Jive Genius". 

http://community.lls.org/activity

No, that is not a reference to me, Phil; but thanks for asking.  Now, I have seen the movie "Airplane" just as many of you have.  But I do not speak Jive at the genius level.  So I don't get this. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qa1rjCZxtxo

If we mention someone else in a posting, we can put an @ in front of the user name, such as @PhilB and that does something unknown but somehow highly relevant.  It probably sends them a pesky email.  I think I will @PhilB in all my postings.  What happens if you do this::  @PhilB@PhilB@PhilB  Maybe it crashes their email.  Maybe it turns PhilB into a Jive Genius.

There is a "check mark" thingy where you can list "what matters".  Why does THAT matter?  Where do you put things that don't matter? 

Still trying to figure out that Jive Genius thingy.  More fun-making to come......

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hi Trey,

Is there something in the settings to select that enables you to see new items clearly - previously new items were bolded until read.

#3 janner25

janner25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

I do like that there is a 'like' button...will be interesting if you get a message for that too!!!!!

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

I "accidentally" spun off a couple postings using the "Branch" thingy:

http://community.lls...e/122379#122379

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Gerry,

Seems the "Bolded Unread" feature at the main page is missing.  Bummer.  But I found that if you click on the "down arrow" thingy at the top of the page, then select the "Unread Only" box (next to "filter"), then you can use this "down arrow" page as your reading point since only unread items should be there.  And when there is a new unread posting, a number will appear on the arrow showing how many new unread postings you have.   @Sharts-o-matic

[NOTE: Found later that this only works for some discussions the website thinks you care about -- not all the ones you really want to see.  See Caroline's inputs below about using the "Content" Tab and clicking on "Discussions"]

Message was edited by: Trey Fox

#6 acb

acb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Oh my goodness --- I just woke my kids up laughing so loud at your posts, Trey!! I would "like" them, if I knew how, and nominate you for Jive Genius, if I could.

Now I am off to explore, but had to let you know that you made my day with your humor!

Oh, and let me throw in a few for the team. @PhilB @PhilB @PhilB

#7 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Another thing.....

The buttons on the top of the page such as "Home" and "Browse" are not CML-only stuff.  They take you out into the ionosphere where the vast unwashed masses live (L&LS home page).  And "Browse" has all the postings from all the forums.  So if you use that you will end up in Shartsville.

Pointer: If you use the "Home" or "Browse" buttons on these pages, the only way to get back to the CML postings is to go back to your internet browser and use your bookmark again to re-load the CML page.  Or maybe you can click your heels together -- no wait, that's another thing....

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#8 acb

acb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

If you click on the tab that says "Content," it looks somewhat the same as it used to look (at least to me). There is the option on there to filter by tag or multiple tags. I am assuming, though, that you would have had to attach tags to your discussion for it to recognize it. I never seem to remember to attach tags.

It seems like everything above the words "Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia" In Living With takes you to Shartsville, and the items below those words are exclusive to our little family.

#9 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

If you go to "Content" and then "Discussions" you can see that those you have NOT read are back to being bolded.   I have been forced to use my "back" button on my mouse a lot more now.  Sigh.  Progress?

Caroline

#10 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:24 PM

Trey,

Next to my name at the top right corner is my name and a small black triangle if I click on the triangle i just get a circle with a line drawn through it.(no access). But if I scroll down a bit There is a list of actions that says receive e-mail notifications is that what is should click on to stop e-mail notifications? But then at the bottom of the page a window comes up and says you will no longer receive e-mail notifications from this item- if I click again it says you will receive e-mail notifications from this item. Do I have to do that every time a person answers a post. I have about 30 e-mails in my inbox. I take it you had this problem before I joined. At first I was getting e-mails on my other computer,then it stopped except for Susan and Lucky. My daughter has been receiving all my e-mails at work shortly after I bought this computer. How can that be? She only touched this computer once and that was just to try to post my picture on this site. I found a place where it says I can turn windows live off and on but I'm afraid to turn it off Lord knows what will happen. Do you think this is a problem with my cable provider? I haven't called them yet I'm not mentally stable enough to deal with them right now. I'm sure my daughter will be calling me tomorrow as soon as she goes to work and sees all these e-mails.

Why did they do this? Why fix something if it isn't broke? I just learned how to send private messages last week!

These people are full of shart and I hope they all experience what Gleevac sharts are like. I would appreciate any info you can give me.     Billie

#11 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Caroline,

What's a back button on a mouse?          Billie                This is all bullshart

#12 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

The mouse is the hand held object that you can maneuver the "cursor" around with.  Some mice come with buttons on them, some do not (mostly apple mice).  My mouse has two side buttons, and I have assigned one of the buttons the job of making my browser go back one page.  You can personalize your mouse through the "Windows" program by going to "Start" then "Control Panel" then "Mouse". 

You should consider taking a class in basic computer use.  They hold them at your local library all the time. 

Or just go to your local library, sit down at one of their machines, and ask the 10 year old sitting next you how to use it.   

#13 Pin

Pin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

No bolding! But I need that!

I guess this is what we get for wanting a like button...

Diagnosed 9 June 2011, Glivec 400mg June 2011-July 2017, Tasigna 600mg July 2017-present (switched due to intolerable side effects, and desire for future cessation attempt).

Commenced monthly testing when MR4.0 lost during 2012.

2017: <0.01, <0.01, 0.005 (200mg Glivec, Adelaide) <0.01, 0.001 (new test sensitivity)

2016: <0.01, <0.01, PCRU, 0.002 (Adelaide)

2015: <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, 0.013

2014: PCRU, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01

2013: 0.01, 0.014, 0.016, 0.026, 0.041, <0.01, <0.01 

2012: <0.01, <0.01, 0.013, 0.032, 0.021

2011: 38.00, 12.00, 0.14

#14 lehrerin

lehrerin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

What does the LLS Messge board and FB have in common?   They keep changing things too much and soon will cause a mass exodus to another social networking site!    I'm old now, and my brain doesn't get the new stuff as fast as it used to.......familiarity is good........

I want to go back to the way the board was two changes ago

@PHilB @PhilB @philb 

#15 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

Do I have to use Facebook to understand this thing?  FB is not my cuppa. 

However, one good point to the upgrade - I can now post discussions and replies using my iPad, couldnt do that before. 

Still, all I can say is egads! 

And LLS folks, (or is that @LLSadmin) if you're reading?  That's one of the worst rollouts of new software I've seen.  Your intro to the software update is not very helpful.  I got more out of Trey's pointers and the following discussion than I did your file..

#16 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

Recommendation:

To get the look of the "old" software, start where the old bookmark put you ("Living With CML"), then click on the "Content" tab, then click on the "Discussions" tab.  Then Bookmark this as your new starting page.

http://community.lls...ecttype[thread]

But don't delete the old Bookmark for now until you see how this works for you.

#17 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

If you are looking for something good about the new software, the "Search" feature doesn't suck quite as bad as it used to.

#18 rct

rct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

Nothing like turning Leukemia into a ninth grade lunch room with everyone sitting around staring at their facebook pages.  Way to go LLS, I hope whatever is in it for you is worth it, because it ain't worth jack to people with Leukemia.

rct

#19 CallMeLucky

CallMeLucky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Like anything else new, change is always a bit frustrating.  It is a catch 22.  Some people will like the new changes and others will find it challenging.  Given the audience there should be more discretion in dropping such a drastic change on everyone overnight.  In the long run, if you can figure out the features, there are some cool ways to keep track of things however there is a major flaw in what they are trying to do in my opinion.  This latest change, in many ways benefits from commingling data from various boards.  The problem with this I think is that the subject matter is well segregated for very good reason.  People with NHL are not all that interested in reading about topics related to AML and CML people don't benefit much from reading posts about CLL.  Yes we can all come together as a cancer community to support each other more, but the reality is that there are different boards for different subjects for a reason.  It will be interesting to see if there is more cross board posting and if there will be any benefits from it.

Date  -  Lab  -  Scale  -  Drug  -  Dosage MG  - PCR
2010/Jul -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 1.2%
2010/Oct -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0.25%
2010/Dec -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0.367%
2011/Mar -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0.0081%
2011/Jun -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0%
2011/Sep -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0.00084%
2011/Dec -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0%
2012/Mar -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0.004%
2012/Jun -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0%
2012/Sep -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Gleevec  - 400 - 0%
2012/Dec -  MSKCC  -  Non-IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2013/Jan -  Quest  -  IS  -  Sprycel  -  50-60-70  - 0%
2013/Mar -  Quest  -  IS  -  Sprycel  -  60-70  - 0%
2013/Apr -  CUMC  -  Non-IS  -  Sprycel  - 50 - 0.036%
2013/May -  CUMC  -  Non-IS  -  Sprycel  - 50 - 0.046%
2013/Jun -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 50 - 0.0239%
2013/Jul -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 70 - 0.0192%
2013/Jul -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 70 - 0.0034%
2013/Oct -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 70 - 0.0054%
2014/Jan -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 70 - 0.0093%
2014/Mar -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0.013%
2014/Apr -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0.0048%
2014/Jul -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2014/Nov -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0.047%
2014/Dec -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2015/Mar -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2015/Jun -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2015/Sep -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2015/Dec -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2016/Mar -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0.0228%
2016/Jun -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2016/Sep -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2016/Dec -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2017/Mar -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2017/Jun -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2017/Sep -  Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  - 100 - 0%
2017/Dec - Genoptix  -  IS  -  Sprycel  -  100 - 0%

#20 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

Youse guys are making it very hard indeed for me to keep away from this place whilst I wait for my results.

@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey,@Trey, @Trey, @Trey, @Trey,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users