Discussion Board Guidelines
As an active participant in this online community we ask that you follow these guidelines. Your cooperation will help to minimize conflicts and create a more healthy community for those who have been personally touched by a blood cancer.
- Explore the LLS Community. Log on and familiarize yourself with the different topic areas and features and engage in discussions. For assistance and news on Community features, visit the Help Topics.
- Please be aware that The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society reserves the right to remove or edit any post deemed inappropriate by our moderators.
- Ask your doctor. Above all else, this community is for peer-to-peer support and is not meant to be a substitute for medical advice or consultation. Please contact your doctor with your unique health concerns.
- Start smart. Before you begin a new discussion, search to see if the site already has one on your desired topic. Use clear subject headings for new discussions.
- Stay on topic. Remember that you're interacting and developing content on a site hosted by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, which is dedicated to fighting blood cancers. LLS launched this forum to encourage peer support and to facilitate interaction among our various contacts. Please keep in mind that other’s opinions may not reflect your own, and respect those opinions by constructively discussing the topic at hand.
- Be safe. Protect your privacy. The DB is open to the public. Anyone can read the postings. Except for personal profile pages, the DB is searchable by search engines. So only post information you want to be seen. Don't post your phone number, address or email address. Be careful of how much detail you provide about your family or other Discussion Board members you may know personally.
- If another's post causes you to react strongly, try reading it again from a different point of view. In online communities, we can't see and hear the people who post messages. So we can't assume we fully understand what they're saying in their text-only messages. If you feel that a post is inappropriate, please use the “Report” button located under right corner of the post.
- Inappropriate to post: By participating in the Online Community or on the Discussion Boards, you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Do not request or offer medical advice or services such as analysis of medical diagnostic test results, offer a medical diagnosis or specific treatment plan.
- What not to post. Please do not post any of the following: Someone else's contact information, commercial advertisements, products for sale, fundraising requests, inflammatory material, or links to personal or professional Web sites with questionable content, photographs, and clinical trial solicitations. Please note that advertisements, chain letters, surveys, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate for the Online Community or Discussion Boards. Any of these types of posts will be removed or edited as the monitors see fit.
- For the sake of other’s confidentiality, please refrain from using full names when discussing issues or others in your post. This includes the names of all health care professionals.
- Be yourself! These boards are great because of you!