#21 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

You would prefer to go straight to the BMT chemo and not have any more interim chemo.  Maybe the "pill" form of chemo if absolutely needed, which should have fewer downsides and should be easier on him.

I don't have much else I can provide.  Either the docs will proceed on schedule or they will not, even if they are being overly concerned about the blast count going into the BMT.  After BMT chemo his blast count (and all cell counts) will be zero.  

#22 tranier

tranier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

Please remember to keep BJ in your thoughts and prayers...He will have labs at 8:30 tom, followed by EEG (1 week on Tasigna, Fri.) and an ear checkup(his ear infection was the number one setback during his blast crisis this summer)...So hoping/praying that blast cells go down from Monday's report of 7...

PS - I know there seems to be a lot of new dx lately, please do not be freaked out by BJ's case - his is so rare...only 1%...as I've mentioned before the Cleve Clinic hasn't seen such a rare case in over ten years...  I thought about not posting here anymore b/c I don't want to add stress to any of you. but to be honest our family really needs your support and prayers for those of you of faith...Thanks!

#23 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Dear Tranier,

Please don't even think about not posting. We are all aware that BJ's case is extremely rare.I will continue to pray for him and you. I hope you are holding up okay. I think the fact that he's mad is a good thing. It means he's a fighter.It would make you feel worse if he just got depressed and gave up. Stay with us we're always here for you. I'm praying as hard as I can,   Sincerely Billie

#24 tranier

tranier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

Please continue to lift BJ up in prayer....After todays clinic appt he went golfing...looking and feeling great..gets home and we get the call that the  blasts increased to 16...They were 7 Mondsy...His CML Doc is a top US News and World Report CML doc and wants him to ride out weekend...he has been on Tasigna  for 5.5 days after losing Sprycel response....After Mons counts he will decide what to  do as we wait for transplant to (hopefully) begin w conditioning on Oct 25 (11 days to go)..Todays counts: 2.17 wbc  4.18 rbc  13.8 hb and 88 plates.....

#25 Pin

Pin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

I don't fully understand the implications of going into a transplant with blast cells, but I assume it isn't as good as not having them? :( His other counts seem ok though. I am hoping for you that whatever his blasts or counts are going in to this, he will still do well. xxx.

Diagnosed 9 June 2011, Glivec 400mg June 2011-July 2017, Tasigna 600mg July 2017-present (switched due to intolerable side effects, and desire for future cessation attempt).

Commenced monthly testing when MR4.0 lost during 2012.

2017: <0.01, <0.01, 0.005 (200mg Glivec, Adelaide) <0.01, 0.001 (new test sensitivity)

2016: <0.01, <0.01, PCRU, 0.002 (Adelaide)

2015: <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, 0.013

2014: PCRU, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01, <0.01

2013: 0.01, 0.014, 0.016, 0.026, 0.041, <0.01, <0.01 

2012: <0.01, <0.01, 0.013, 0.032, 0.021

2011: 38.00, 12.00, 0.14

#26 markandelly

markandelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

Prayers your way!   Hope the meds grab it back into control!

#27 BethG

BethG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

I am so sorry to hear the latest update. I've been following your story closely and praying from a distance. I just wanted to add my voice to this thread to let you know that I'm adding all my prayers and thoughts to your cause.

Gentle Hugs,

BethG

#28 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

Still keeping B.J. {my hero} in my prayers as well as the family. Tell B. J. for me what a wonderful mother he has, although I am sure he is well aware of that!!!!Praying for a full recovery!!! Prayers, Granny d

#29 tamithurman

tamithurman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Hello. I have a son with AML and have had some of my own threads here and this is the first one I've read from you. Couldn't find your original thread, so I'm not completely aware of the "rare" situation. My son was 21 when he was diagnosed with AML on 3/26/10 with complex cytogenetics. He has a high threshold for pain/illness. Everyone said he should not have made it, but they caught it and sent him to UCSF. He had approximately 70% leukemic cells. I still can't believe it. Anyway, they tried induction and could not get it below 7%. Even when it was 20% the week before, the doctor said they were going to move on it. Anything under 20, they were going to perform a SCT, which took place on 6/29/10. This past year has been horrible, to say the least, but for the past six months, he has been doing remarkably well; however, at his year anniversary (which we celebrated), they performed another BMB and found 4% blasts in his marrow. I'm so confused by it, but now they are saying he has 4% blasts, but only 2% are leukemic. Makes no sense to me, but he is on his third round of 5-day chemo every six weeks and we won't find out if this is working until after his sixth round, which will most likely be in January. I know he's still under 5%, but I'm not good at the waiting game. So my ears perked up when I read your thread. I hope and pray everything goes as it should for you and your family. It is definitely a bumpy road, but youth and ironically, health, play such a huge role. Hang in there. tami

#30 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

I will keep praying for BJ, and please never hesitate to post all that is going on.  Its good for you to keep in touch with others who have CML, and as you said BJ's case is rare, therefore, it should not frighten any newcomers to the board.  Everyone should know that its the friendship and caring that gets everyone through whatever they are handling.  We are all different in how we handle this disease, and that is why we encourage people to post.  Someone might think why should I post this or that when they will not understand.what I am going through or feeling... Believe me, someone will be able to relate to your plea no matter what it is.  Everytime someone posts their great response to their treatment, just encourages others to know they can do it too.

God Bless You and BJ and your positive look at the future to be.

Susan

#31 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Prayers coming his way.  I'm glad he feels so well.  Must be scary for all of you.  I'll keep praying for you all.  Stay strong for him.

(((Hugs)))

Traci

#32 willowbayfarm

willowbayfarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

I've been following BJ's journey and wanted to let you know my thoughts are with both of you and prayers are on the way! 

- WBF

#33 tranier

tranier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

BJs blast percent today was 27%..the tasigna is not taking over where the Srycel stopped...His other counts

wbc 2.41, rbc 4.21 hb 13.6 anc .96 and platelets 82...still the same numbers he has had for quite a while...Meet with docs at 1 tom...have to do outpatient chemo as we have to bring those blasts down before next Tues - admit for transplant...

Again, please pray for my amazing 21 year old son...he is a fighter.

#34 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Praying for B.J.. He is an amazing young man..... & I think he gets it from his MOST AMAZING MOTHER!!! I know how a mother feels.....& B.J. must pull his strenght from you & I want you to know you & the rest of your family are being prayed for also. May The Lord give strenght to sustain all of you thru the next few weeks. Sending prayers your way!!!  granny d

#35 tamithurman

tamithurman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry you're in this club with the rest of us, but hope you are getting some support from everyone's experiences. My now 23 year old son, dx 3/26/10 with AML with complex cytogenetics, has had a setback at his one year. They found 4% blasts in his marrow and then said 2% of them are leukemic. I don't know what the other blasts are. I read and re-read the report, but it's like reading Greek to me. He is on decitabine chemo, 5-day treatments every six weeks with three more treatments to go.

Anyway, I know what you are going through with looking at your son and seeing how healthy he is (mine too) and not being able to connect the two. Makes no sense and I'm sure both of us would gladly change places. I heard a saying the other day. "Some people are able to travel the easy road in life while others travel the muddy road. The ones that travel the muddy road are much stronger in spirit and strength."  I hope your muddy road has given you and your boy strength and resolve to beat down this horrible thing called cancer. I will send many prayers your way.  xoxo tami

FYI...BJ are my son's initials too.

#36 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:56 AM

I agree with Granny D.  BJ is a strong young man with an amazing mother -- what a powerful combination.  Sending prayers, hope and healing thoughts your way.  Thanks for taking the time to keep us posted.  As you can see, there are lots of folks pulling for BJ on this board!

Nat

#37 tranier

tranier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thank you sooo much for your support..means so much!!!--Just for the record...BJ s spleen was not enlarged di

at June blast crisis...nor is it currently enlarged...Will update soon

#38 Teresabourgeois

Teresabourgeois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Tracy,

I've been following BJ's story since June and wanted you to know that I am praying daily!!!  That's all any of us can do.  Turn this over to God and BJ is in his hands.  He hears us all and there are many people praying for BJ and you.  Huggs!!!

#39 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

I've also been following since June. I expect there are a lot more people praying for BJ than just the ones you see posting.

Hang in there the transplate date is getting so much closer now.

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

#40 tranier

tranier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

ZERO BLASTS!!!!!  TRANSPLANT ADMISSION TUES!!!!  THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT!!  AFTER TUES I'LL PROBLY JUST HAVE TIME TO KEEP HIS CARINGBRIDGE UPDATED AND POST TO TRANSPLANT GROUP...PLZ FOLLOW ON ONE OF THOSE!!!  COULDN'T MAKE IT THRU WO

YOUR SUPPORT!!!! WITH MUCH JOY, TRACY!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users