#21 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

The spangled tights probably have bright stars on them, right?   Put them on in the dawn's early light and wear them until the twilight's last gleaming.  But if the tights have stripes, they could look a little broad on you, so I would avoid such.

#22 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Couldn't find any spangled tights with stars on them, but maybe the dancing guy in the white spangled tights is Lucky or Trey on their night out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=h1ArZEFwRsY

I am DONE with You Tube for now. . .just too many disturbing things on there.  

#23 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

PhilB in his "spangly tights":

http://www.flickr.co...vin/2565390439/

#24 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

Oh, goodness. . .that is horrifying!

I was online trying to find the maintenance schedule for my bike (gotta check the valve clearance.  .dang. . .we won't be packed for the trip until after midnight), but instead you directed my attention to. . .THAT!!

#25 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hi Michael:  I cannot jump in on this subject with regard to Sprycel, but I do try to follow how your doing.  I know your so determined to make something new work for the treatment of CML, just take care of yourself well your doing it.

I am sure your doctor is following all of this very closely, and he is probably interested to see what will happen with your Curcumin for further research.  Who knows what the future will bring with using these things that have been around forever.  The subject on using the Feverfew keeps coming up also.  I just wish you the best.

Susan

#26 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

Hi Susan,

Feverfew does not seem to be able to build in the blood plasma to any appreciable level.  Curcumin requires at least 8 grams to have efficacy in the blood and there are new formulations that make Curcumin more 'bio-available' (blood plasma level) with lower dose. 

I will know when my PCR/FISH results are in whether my approach is working.  I am at 20mg Sprycel which is very low.  Dr. Cortes believes my low dose is effective because of my platelet response.  And the fact that my Neutrophils are holding steady is my first sign of hope in this adventure.  He does not want to increase my dose even if my WBC's return to normal.  He only cares about the direction of my cytogenetics (i.e. bcr-abl counts keep dropping).  If that happens, then he believes he has found the right dose for me.  He is intrigued with the Curcumin because of Dr. Aggarwal's work and has not told me to stop.  He does not tell me to take it either.  He is just curious.

I take the Curcumin as much for its other properties (anti-inflamatory - good for the heart, pain, etc.) as I do for CML.  Those who suffer headaches with Sprycel should consider Curcumin as it is a great natural headache eliminator.  Once in a while I will get a wine headache in the morning when I go over my limit on the weekends with my wife and friends.  Curcumin has eliminated that.  Does it mean I drink more wine.  Well.... yes.  I do.

It's speculated by the M.D. Anderson folks that the Curcumin is reducing my leukemic load (FISH = zero last time) which may be encouraging my normal cells to re-populate and stimulate my bone marrow naturally.  I believe that is why my ANC is coming back now.

It's all about the stem cells.  Eliminate the Leukemic stem cell and this disease will fall away.  As you know, I believe you are cured (and Trey for that matter).  LSC's can not live without dividing eventually for that long a period (5 - 10 years).  And the Gleevec you have been taking has probably nailed every one by now that has tried to divide.  I fully understand the fear.  But when I get to PCRu (wishful thinking eh?) - I definitely will test that condition.  But I will continue to take Curcumin.  It's like a vitamin pill.  Good for the body and just might keep CML in check after the Sprycel does its work.  You all will be the first to know.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users