#1 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

The LLS is changing over to a new website starting June 27th at 8PM EST.  See announcement below, which says the Discussion Boards will be unavailable from June 27th at 8PM EST until July 1st at 8AM EST. 

They say that all content will be transferred, and presumably the site will work as it does now, and that only a new password will be required (it says to "request a password reset").  I assume the process for a password reset is to go to the login page, put in your user name, and then click the "I forgot my password" button down below.  But I am just guessing....

Announcement

New Community Site is Coming!

in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Community

Created by edkinsc Jun 26, 2014

Dear LLS Community Users,

On Friday, July 27th, 2014 at 8:00PM EST, this site will be disabled and all content will be transferred to our new community.lls.org site.

The new site will be online starting July 1st, 2014 at 8:00 AM EST.

When you return on the 1st, please request a password reset and enter a NEW password in order to access your existing profile, favorites and group memberships.

The LLS Team

#2 acb

acb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

Testing ... 1,2,3.

It looks like we lost our avatars (or I don't know what I am doing or it could be both). I'm confused by the time stamp too ... it is ahead by 5 hours. What time zone? It is EST (or maybe EDT?) where I live in Hoosier-ville. 

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm a little miffed because I seem to have lost all my information in my profile. It was my understanding that everything would carry over to this new site. I had dates in there that I would have liked to keep. Had I known that everything was going to be erased I would have made copies so I could have repopulated the information.

Like any change it will take time to get used to. It would not be within my character if I didn't complain, however!  :D

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 August1

August1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Is there a good contact for feedback or support on the new site?

The Search function does not appear to allow searches based on three characters, or less, even when enclosing the query in quotes. Has anyone else found a way to get around this?

I feel like this should be resolved as we rely pretty heavily on three character acronyms: CML, AML, ALL, CLL, MMR, CMR, CBC, CMP, WBC, RBC, ANC, MCH, MCV, B12, B6, etc.

Also was kind of hoping they'd add a "like" ability to posts. At least then viewers could express support for a particular point of view without the need to write a full post. 

#5 ChrisC

ChrisC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Quick note: It appears that feedback on the new site is being requested at http://lls.cl.ipsdns...336-new-boards/

ChrisC

Be alert, but not overly concerned.

• Dx Oct. 22, 2008, WBC 459k, in ICU for 2 days + in hospital 1 week

• Leukapheresis for 1 week, to reduce WBC (wasn't given Hydroxyurea)

• Oct. 28, 2008: CML confirmed, start Gleevec 400mg

• Oct. 31, 2008: sent home when WBC reached 121k

• On/off, reduced dose Gleevec for 7 months

• April 2009: Started Sprycel 100mg

• Sept. 2009: PCRU 0.000

• Sept. 2011: after 2 years steady PCRU & taking Sprycel 100mg before bed, quit Sprycel (with permission)

• Currently: still steady PCRU, testing every 6 months 🤗

— Fatigue, hearing loss continue, alas, but I prefer to think it is all getting better!

#6 lehrerin

lehrerin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

it won't let me post a new topic :(   

#7 Guest_Trey_*

Guest_Trey_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

See my posting on "Getting Re-Started"

http://community.lls...ing-re-started/

#8 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

The website logged me out in the middle of my post, then called me "Guest Trey".  Weird

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users