Some hints on getting back up on the L&LS Boards:
1) Need to reset your password first or you can't play: Click on "Sign In", insert user name then click "Forgot My Password". Then follow instructions.
2) Your profile and avatar are wiped out...bummer
After password reset, click on down arrow next to user name, then click "Edit Profile". Follow instructions to add an avatar photo, change location (if you live in Casablanca you're in luck and don't need to change that). I see that people can comment on your Profile if you allow that -- I said "No". Why would I care what any of you think about my profile?
3) Everyone is now a New Member. Whatever. Why not put sunglasses on us.....
4) All historical info is gone except for postings (i.e., stats, previous messages, etc).
5) There are now "quote" and "multiquote" options at the bottom of posts. They allow quoting all or portions of the post.
6) (ADDED PER REQUEST BY GERRY BELOW)
There is a "Start New Topic" button on the upper right, just above the listing of postings. When a topic is posted, it turns into a "Reply to this Topic" button while reading a specific post. So you need to be at the posts home page to start a new post:
7) Watch out for the website logging you out before you post a message. It randomly did that to me and it posted as "Guest Trey". It did the same thing to a couple other folks, I see. So I guess anyone can post as a guest now even though not a member????
I'll add to this list as I find things....
I see I have a "Warning Points" counter. So what. I may test the upper limits just for fun.
Under user "Profile" there is a new "Profile Feed". Inquiring minds tested the new feature, and it asks you what is on your mind?. For some that is not applicable...just say'n. But I tested it and it puts comments next to your User Name in your Profile. If anyone gets a thought.......have at it.
You can add a "signature". See Pat's below. You can also use the item next on my list "Ignore" to ignore people's signatures. May be a handy feature.
This is really cool -- There is now a way to ignore certain people (in Profile settings) as shown below:
Users I'm Ignoring
Name Group Posts Signature Messenger You aren't ignoring any users
Edited by Trey, 01 July 2014 - 07:09 PM.