Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Some hints on getting back up on the L&LS Boards:

1) Need to reset your password first or you can't play: Click on "Sign In", insert user name then click "Forgot My Password".  Then follow instructions.

2) Your profile and avatar are wiped out...bummer

After password reset, click on down arrow next to user name, then click "Edit Profile".  Follow instructions to add an avatar photo, change location (if you live in Casablanca you're in luck and don't need to change that).  I see that people can comment on your Profile if you allow that -- I said "No".  Why would I care what any of you think about my profile? 

3) Everyone is now a New Member.  Whatever.  Why not put sunglasses on us.....

4) All historical info is gone except for postings (i.e., stats, previous messages, etc).

5) There are now "quote" and "multiquote" options at the bottom of posts.  They allow quoting all or portions of the post. 

6) (ADDED PER REQUEST BY GERRY BELOW)

There is a "Start New Topic" button on the upper right, just above the listing of postings.  When a topic is posted, it turns into a "Reply to this Topic" button while reading a specific post.  So you need to be at the posts home page to start a new post:

http://lls.cl.ipsdns...enous-leukemia/

7) Watch out for the website logging you out before you post a message.  It randomly did that to me and it posted as "Guest Trey".  It did the same thing to a couple other folks, I see.  So I guess anyone can post as a guest now even though not a member????

I'll add to this list as I find things....

Fun stuff:

I see I have a "Warning Points" counter.  So what.  I may test the upper limits just for fun.

Under user "Profile" there is a new "Profile Feed".  Inquiring minds tested the new feature, and it asks you what is on your mind?.  For some that is not applicable...just say'n.  But I tested it and it puts comments next to your User Name in your Profile.  If anyone gets a thought.......have at it.

You can add a "signature".  See Pat's below.  You can also use the item next on my list "Ignore" to ignore people's signatures.  May be a handy feature.

This is really cool -- There is now a way to ignore certain people (in Profile settings) as shown below:

Users I'm Ignoring
Name Group Posts Signature Messenger   You aren't ignoring any users

Add a new user to my list   Ignore:  Posts    Signature    Messages

Edited by Trey, 01 July 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#2 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hi Trey,

Not that I want to at this time, but how do you post a new topic? Must be something I'm not seeing.

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

What? No Alamo? Please don't put me on your ignore list. Bummed about historical info, really glad they don't have a "Like" button - at least I haven't found one yet. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a goody two-shoes to push the warning points. I have, on rare occasions, wanted a "delete" button (not for any of my BIFs, of course) so "Ignore" could come in handy. On the other hand if everyone can go to your profile and see the posters I am ignoring, what fun is that?!

Where is my signature? I set one up. Ahhh, I can't see it until I hit send.

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

There is a "Start New Topic" button on the upper right, just above the listing of postings.  When a topic is posted, it turns intio a "Reply to this Topic" button while reading a specific post.  So you need to be at the posts home page to start a new post:

Trey's Quote for the Day:

"You can break wind, but first adjust your sails."

Edited by Trey, 01 July 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#5 gerry

gerry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Thanks Trey

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

I had fun setting up a signature, but I can't decide if it's too irritating to keep. I need to have someone else set one up to see if I hate seeing it everytime they post. Or, as Trey says we can just set "Ignore". I gotta say, I'm a little concerned that everytime Trey mentions "Ignore" it seems to be directed at me.  Am I just paranoid, or what?  :huh:

Plus, I liked the link to Gravitar to set up an avatar I can use across other media if I want to. My avatar is my PBGV, Phoebe, to whom I have become overly attached - I need grandchildren!

I hope everyone is having fun getting used to this new site, but I'm concerned that there doesn't seem to be many of us on here, yet. Perhaps, a roll call is in order...or perhaps we are all just doing so well there is no need to post yet.

Pat

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#7 LivingWellWithCML

LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

Love your signature, Pat!  How did you include the image?

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#8 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

Love your signature, Pat!  How did you include the image?

Thanks, Dan! I just copied a photo I found that I liked on the internet, copied and pasted it under my signature line. Simple.

Pat

#9 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

Account is set up and first post is in progress.... 

Thanks for the handy-dandy instructions, Trey.  You made it easy.

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#10 Guest_random_*

Guest_random_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hey all,

Well guess what, I cannot initiate the password reset procedure due to the fact that my address cannot be found in the database anymore!

#11 Shara

Shara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

I had to re-create my account. Used to be CMLSurvivor now just Shara, easier that way also. I think once I get used to the new format I will like much better than the old one.

#12 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

Please do NOT assume we can look up your posting history and see your previous PCRs, labs, what drug you are taking, items of concern, etc, etc.  That cannot be obtained by a click on the avatar like before.  So when you post, put your issues into your overall context and relate previous important information.  For instance, a recent post stated current labs, and wanted to know what we think.  Without context the question may not be answerable. 

Context, please.  Re-state your pertinent history (briefly).

Edited by Trey, 08 July 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#13 Guest_rct_*

Guest_rct_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

My Mrs doing as well as one can with low counts and 200mg Gleevec a day.  Should be able to go a good long time we hope.  Unfortunately, "Social Media" ruins everything, and this is no exception.

Communicating with others is what it is about, not like buttons and ignore lists and all that other garbage designed to help 8 year olds use a computer.

Adios, all.  I wish you all well and good, low or no side effects, decent blood counts, and long life.

rct

#14 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

rct - I'm glad all is going as well as it is with your Mrs. You always made good points in discussions - you will be missed.

At 62, it's unlikely I will take advantage of all the bells and whistles (although I did have fun with the signature) but after using this new software for awhile I find the bare bones is not so difficult, maybe you will give it another go someday - I hope so.

Good luck!

Pat

#15 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Some hints on getting back up on the L&LS Boards:

1) Need to reset your password first or you can't play: Click on "Sign In", insert user name then click "Forgot My Password".  Then follow instructions.

2) Your profile and avatar are wiped out...bummer

After password reset, click on down arrow next to user name, then click "Edit Profile".  Follow instructions to add an avatar photo, change location (if you live in Casablanca you're in luck and don't need to change that).  I see that people can comment on your Profile if you allow that -- I said "No".  Why would I care what any of you think about my profile? 

3) Everyone is now a New Member.  Whatever.  Why not put sunglasses on us.....

4) All historical info is gone except for postings (i.e., stats, previous messages, etc).

5) There are now "quote" and "multiquote" options at the bottom of posts.  They allow quoting all or portions of the post. 

6) (ADDED PER REQUEST BY GERRY BELOW)

There is a "Start New Topic" button on the upper right, just above the listing of postings.  When a topic is posted, it turns into a "Reply to this Topic" button while reading a specific post.  So you need to be at the posts home page to start a new post:

7) Watch out for the website logging you out before you post a message.  It randomly did that to me and it posted as "Guest Trey".  It did the same thing to a couple other folks, I see.  So I guess anyone can post as a guest now even though not a member????

I'll add to this list as I find things....

Fun stuff:

I see I have a "Warning Points" counter.  So what.  I may test the upper limits just for fun.

Under user "Profile" there is a new "Profile Feed".  Inquiring minds tested the new feature, and it asks you what is on your mind?.  For some that is not applicable...just say'n.  But I tested it and it puts comments next to your User Name in your Profile.  If anyone gets a thought.......have at it.

You can add a "signature".  See Pat's below.  You can also use the item next on my list "Ignore" to ignore people's signatures.  May be a handy feature.

This is really cool -- There is now a way to ignore certain people (in Profile settings) as shown below:

Users I'm Ignoring
Name Group Posts Signature Messenger   You aren't ignoring any users

Add a new user to my list   Ignore:  Posts    Signature    Messages

"This is really cool -- There is now a way to ignore certain people (in Profile settings) as shown below:"

....Please Trey, Promise you won't ignore me.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#16 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

A couple other things....

Unlike the previous L&LS Discussion Board, I don't see a way to reply to a specific person on the posting list.  Maybe the "quote" button is used for that but it makes for long threads.  So any replies just seem to be to the entire posting.  If the reply is to the latest posting, then no issue.  Otherwise need to address the reply to the person if necessary.

On each post in the upper right, across from the User name, there is a number with a # in front.  This post will say:  #16 >

If you click on that you get options to share the post on various places, download to the computer, print, etc.  I don't know why I would use it, but it is there.

Edited by Trey, 09 July 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#17 MACELPatient

MACELPatient

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

I'm here, albeit alone, in my "Rare Leukemias" Forum.   :(

No news is good news.

#18 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

MACEL-PT,

Unfortunately the website changeover has further isolated those few on the sparsley populated L&LS Boards. 

Good news that you have no new news.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users