43 replies to this topic

#41 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

The good news is great Susan!  You always give me hope.  So, it is possible to have low PLT and be PCRU.  My onc keeps telling me it is the disease.  And I have been worried I would never make it to MMR because of my low PLT.  So, I guess the two are not mutually exclusive.  Sorry to make this all about me.  I am so happy to hear this great news.

Good health to you and God bless,

Tedsey

#42 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

BIllie!

It was the weekend for bee stings, Nick spent another Saturday in the ER, a yellow jacket got him on the back of the leg. I was very proud of him, he used the Epi Pen correctly and didn't panic, a pretty awesome response for an autism kid.   The one thing that frightened me is we went straight to ER after Epi injection and his lips were already swelling, so that is only going to buy us about 20 minutes or so.  We now carry 2 Epi pens, if we do not arrive at ER within hour he is to give himself another shot so the anaphylactic shock does not take hold.  He has to go to Children's so they will run a barrage of testing on him to find out exactly what he is allergic too and probably begin allergy shots to try to build up tolerance to some of these things.  I hope you foot feels much better, and if Ron did not think you were a bit off the wall before, after giggling while you were scratching your own feet............I think you are doomed.  Stay away from the bees, mosquitos, and other biting creatures, yeah like you can do that and live near Lake Erie!  Write soon and take care of yourself!  

#43 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hi Tedsey,

My PLT are pretty low, the lowest they have been in 5 months and is my nuets are especially are low at .93%.  I was told yesterday that although very low, it must be where my body is now going to stay for my numbers, so to be a bit careful (yeah with a germy teenager in the house) and enjoy the PCRU and good response.  I hope you have a relaxing or even a fun day!  We are off to pick up all the limbs that came down last night after the storm.  No rest for the weary or the wicked (not sure which one I fall in to)

#44 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Pam,

We must be close in proximity.  I was walking around the yard today tripping over limbs and dumping standing water.  A germy teenager!  I have snotty toddlers!  We are doomed!  Just kidding.  My youngest will be staring Kindergarten.  I got a little freaked out reading the district handbook today.  It discussed childhood illnesses and MSRA.  Fun stuff.  Anyway, I know how you feel.  Is it the disease, or our response to the drugs?  Confounding!  Anyway, having low PLT I can get away without shaving my legs as much.  My husband is real understanding about it.  I never liked doing it anyway.  I sure didn't do that today.  But I made banana chocolate PBJ cupcakes (my son turned up the fridge and all the fruit and veggies froze, so I am trying to find ways to use up the soggy fruit and veggies).  Believe it or not, baking made me happy.  I felt like a normal mom and my kids loved my new recipe (I absolutely abhor bananas, but I tired one. It was pretty darn good jelly filled and all).  Wish I could send some your way. 

Good luck and good health to you.  Hope you and your teen stay out of harms way.

Teds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users