Photo

PCR Pending/ Results are in so please help me!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Judy,

Are you trying to say you have been hijacked before? I'm laughing.  First laugh I have in a few days.

I was worried about my GFR Est MDRD at 58 L.

GFR COCKROFT-GAULT EST 51 L. What the heck is GFR cockrft-gault est?

Then I think why should I worry what does it matter.  I wrote a few thoughts on the subject but they weren't very positive or nice or theological so I deleted it.

I guess I think about that because it use to be 60> then it started dropping below 60.

But I see yours it much lower and you don't seem to be concerned.

When did you start on Sprycel 50mg and what was your STATS when you started and your last labs?

Do you still have PE?

I did go for my labs today?  I am a bit bushed/tired.  Last night my husband and I purchased a desk and stayed up until about 5 am putting it together.  I have had a laptop, for about a year, sitting on a table in the office, and tendentious has set in my left hand.  We had moved the computer desk to the basement for my husband.  So I told my husband all this physical therapy doesn't help, sitting to long typing on a laptop, in an awkward position and hands on a hard service no pading.  So we got the computer desk and a wireless keyboard and I got some beanie's pads to put on my hands.

It was kind of a strange or interesting day getting my blood labs.  Sort of unorganized or people seemed confused and questioning everything, I don't know.  I called yesterday to confirm my blood lab appointment for today, and my onc appointment for 6/21.  My appointment today was at 12:20pm.  Well I checked in and the girl looked in her computer, asked me to spell my name, and then told me to take a seat, it would be awhile.  Then I could hear her talking to the other girl behind the desk.   She kept saying I was not on the schedule, she couldn't find me anywhere.  I heard that much, because I spoke up and said I called in yesterday to confirm. Either she didn't know what she was doing, or I was on somebody's else's schedule, but not her's, I don't know.  Maybe she didn't hear me say blood labs, maybe she was looking at the doctor schedule, but I really thought I was crystal clear, that I was here for blood lab only and a patient of ...  Anyhow I knew I was a bit tired from being up all night and knew I was in for a wait, so I went over and got some tea, and logged into the computer.  Pretty soon the lab girl came out and called me in.  She was nice and all but seemed confused.  She was questioning things, with the other lab girls about my labs, I suppose just making sure it was right, I mean this was only my second time there for a blood draw.  So i'm thinking well it good of her to double check everything. I saw she laid down two colored coded vials, and I thought that was strange, guess I wasn't to tired to notice, or maybe I have just done this so long, it stood out.  I said how many vials are you taking, she said two.  I politely said "can I ask what the Dr. Script says", she said BCR FOR PCR and Fish, I said what about the CBC etc, she said no I don't have a script for anything else.  I said that is strange, I am new here, (1 lab in March) but for about 5 years I had a CBC, etc every month, then the last year I had a CBC and CPM (I think that what it is) every two months.  I have not had another CBC since I was here in March.  She said, do you want one, I said yes.  She talked to the other lab girls, I seemed to be the only one getting labs in that cubicle.  Anyhow she said you will need to go back into the waiting room, until we can talk to your doctor, then the other lab girl said NO, here is the doctors nurse, and within a few minutes they had the other two scripts.  I do know that the onc previous nurse left the first of the month, so maybe this nurse was new. You know, you almost have to watch everything and keep asking questions and pay attention.  I would have been disappointed not to have all my labs.  I did pray in the car while driving there,  because my nerves have been a bit raw, since I found out the doctor, only sent in one 30 day script, and 1 refill for Gleevec.  That threw my brain off, a curve ball, just what I needed.  That is a new twist after getting annual prescriptions for almost 7 years. Then I called the nurse and left her a message and she never returned the call.  I wanted to know if they had a made a mistake or what was up? I thought we had a game plan, but now I'm thinking, the game keeps coming up with new rules, surprises.  Well that was another curve in the road not getting a return call. Was I being ignored.  I thought it was a relative important question, because if there was a change in direction, I was not going back, although I did not tell her that. Perhaps they already had figured that out, who knows.  You can drive yourself nuts with speculation. 

So I am really trying to flow with things and remain calm and breath, but somewhat prepared for the unknown.

I even thought maybe they had decided not to do labs but that would have not been good since I had called yesterday to check in.  You know what I think I am suffering from lack of sleep. I am suppose to meet someone at 10:30am in the morning for water aqua. I have done that for several months and I thought it would be good to take a break and go laugh and splash in the water with some old friends. 

Anyhow it just seemed like a lot of confusion to me.

I must say the lab girl and I had a nice chat and I did like her, she was personable.  She said they get attached to their patients and families and when they lose one they have a group huddle and cry.  I thought that was touching.  Sometimes I think, it is just a job, and most become pretty hard.  Like I think some got into medical field not knowing what they are in for, then it turns out they need to find another profession or retire.  Anyhow she seemed to want to make a connection and the girls were paying attention to the conversation.  I guess that seemed strange why were there so many lab tech standing around doing nothing.  Maybe the calm before the storm.  I don't know I need some sleep and sanity.

Well I will wait several days before I call about the labs, hopefully the nurse will call me back and I will ask the numbers and ask her to mail them to me, so I will have them before I see the doctor on June 21st.  That will give me time to digest the info.  I hate it when you don't know anything and the doc is sitting there with your labs and already has thought it thru and you haven't gotten to see the numbers and digest it all, then you get home and think of a dozen questions.  Doesn't seem fair to do that to patients.  But maybe some patients don't want to see their labs.

It seems I had the last few year of going to the doc every 3 months and getting labs.  Outside of the night mare of dealing with the insurance.  But now my world has reverted back and I am to dang old to want to take a different path regarding CML.  Either the Gleevec and my number remain stable or I think I will just hang it up for a few months and live a normal life and not think it about it.  Take a long vacation from this craziness.  

Well Judy I am sitting here just rambling with thoughts of the day.  Seems rather boring now that I have dissected it.

Going to bed. Going to get up early and go start back up my aqua classes and enjoy the day with some friends.  

Talk to you later, take care of yourself, too.

GN PamSouth

PamSouth

#22 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hi:   I live in N.J., and I use Quest Labs.  The only thing that I make sure I do is go for my blood draw the beginning of the week. I usually go on a Tues, and then its sent out that day.  I get my results back within 2 weeks at the longest.

I never go close to a weekend, for fear of the blood sitting there until they get around to testing it.  The lab girl told me not to come on a Friday because they will not draw a PCR on Fridays.

I know what the wait is like, and the anxiety until you get your results.  I think we all go through this everytime we get a blood test, especially our PCR.

I had no idea they sent everything to New Jersey from other states.

#23 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi Pam,

I'm glad you got your lab tests straightened out and I'm praying your numbers are acceptable so that your onc is comfortable leaving your Gleevec dose that way it is. Your GFR at 58 is nothing to worry about, you are doing great regarding that. Pam, it's not that I don't worry about my kidneys, it's just that I have to make up my mind to go with the flow, if I don't I'll spend my whole life worrying. Honestly, I'm in stage 4 of kidney disease, am being tested every 3 months for my Wegener's, hoping it still stays in remission and of course being tested for my CML, hoping my  PCR continues to drop. I just can't let myself be swallowed up by everything. Pam, you said that if your numbers don't remain stable you think you will hang it up for a few months. What did you mean by that? I think it's important to try and push all this stuff out of your mind but at the same time you have to continue to take care of yourself. Anyway, I hope you are able to have a nice day. Please let us know your test results as soon as you get them.

Hugs,

Judy Judy Judy

#24 pamsouth

pamsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Judy,

"hang it up for a few month"  drug vacation.  Go out a live it up!!!  No med!  Have some fun in the sun, go to the Beach, Laugh, forget about doctors, hospitals, test, labs.   I have a few choices left.   My primary doc says I don't have to take anything I don't want to. 

This CML/ TKI life is crazy! 

As for others they can chose their own path, at what ever season of life they may be in, it will be different then mine, I would imagine. 

It would be a dull world if we were the same, and thought just alike.

See, you are in Stage 4 kidney, and chose to go with the flow, that is OK, that is Judy and your are special, there is no one that has your DNA, only you.  You are the captain of your boat, you are your own bus driver, you can steer  your own ship. 

If that sounds a bit over dramatic well sometime life can be that way.  Makes for a good movie anyhow. 

Blessings,

PamSouth

PamSouth

#25 Judy2

Judy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hi Pam,

Your primary care doc said you don't have to take whatever you don't want to? I am very concerned. I was off my med for 3 weeks last winter due to changing meds and changing hospitals and my WBC went up to 50,000. Pam, I am really concerned, I don't want you to make a decision that you will later regret. WILL SOMEONE FROM THE GROUP PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE. Pam, are you very depressed? I am concerned!!!

Hugs,

Judy

#26 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:12 AM

Dear Pam S,

Boy you are sure going through a rough spell, you have way to much brain clutter. I know how you feel sometimes I just want to throw all the meds out and just have a better quality of life, even though it would be a lot shorter. First of all for the first time in almost 5 years in April I read my labs and compared them to my labs in Jan. when I was in Fla. In Fla. they automatically send you your labs,but here you have to request them. I know how I am so I never got involved in reading my labs, well since I had my labs from Jan. I requested my labs taken in april, Well you all know what happened then, my numbers were all totally different and I freaked out, you were one of the first people to try to calm me down.And explain that numbers always change and all kinds of things can happen to cause that change, And I thank you and everybody else from the bottom of my heart for helping me through that time I was terrified. I really wanted my onc to lower my dose of S because I was so tired and my hair was falling out like crazy, and I was so achey. But I had to wait another Month for my bw. In March my onc said wait another month, and we'll see. So I was all primed up for the dose reduction and it didn't happen. I had to wait another Month. Hell I was writing my obit again, that was about the fifth one I just keep updating it. Last week after I had gotten my bw a week earlier, my onc did reduce my dosage I'm now on 50mg of S a day. My problem is I'm anemic and my Iron level is low again. 8 and it's supposed to be 20. That happened to me last year also. So now I have to take iron pills, vit b12 and some vit c.  It's only been a week but I'm perking up a bit and my hair isn't falling out anymore. I begged my onc to put me on S Gleevac was just giving me too many gi issues for 3 years. I was so scared to go on Sprycel but I just had to get off G.  Sprycel has made a world of difference for me The first couple weeks were hard I had the Sprycel headache, and the main problem I've had,was anemia and low Iron. I've had anemia most of my adult life but not bad enough to take meds for it. Pam this reply isn't about me it's about you. If you have to change a med do it now then you can go to school or do whatever you want to. And If I were you I would just stop reading my labs, and let your onc. do the rest. If you trust your onc just let him do his job. If it was all about money,our doctors wouldn't be reducing our dosages. Please try to calm down, you have my no. call me if you want.  Love Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users