pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Billie,

I have been having the most frustrating day and here you are making me laugh.  I have nothing close to your story, but a long time ago I also read mayo was good for the hair, so I was going to wake up with hair like Farrah Fawcet.  I followed pretty close to what you did, and wrapped my head in plastic wrap then used a towel and wrapped it securing with safety pins.  When I woke up in the morning, the towel and plastic wrap were no where to be found, I was stuck to my pillow/pillow case and when I went to get up my head and the pillow were one entity.  About this time my mother discovered our standard poodle with the chewed towel and small bits of the plastic.  I was trying to get to the bathroom, only one in the house, downstairs, and it was through the kitchen, I was busted no two ways about it. I got the towel and my head separated, mayo must be close to glue when dried, lots of my so called beauty treated hair stayed on the pillow case.  As my mother sorted through the details of the entire episode, I was in deep crap for several reasons,

Mayo is for sandwiches and cooking, not hair, and that was her last jar, it three days before grocery shopping day

My entire bed need stripped and washed, the mayo did not stay just on my head or the pillow case

Her favorite set of bath towels was minus one because it was pretty chewed up

and

The dog crapped towel and plastic wrap pieces for days (I humbly cleaned up every plastic/towel/poop pile in the yard without complaint)

If she were here today, she would still be peeved at me for this stunt, (well that and about a thousand or so more)

Thanks for the laughs Billie, I can always count on you to make me smile!

Pam

#22 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi Billie:  You have to get your own comedy show.  You could be a millionaire just telling your stories.  As for wrinkles and funny looking skin all I can say is that I am starting to look older, but it would be worse if I lost weight.  My eyes would be hanging down to my chin with all the eye edema I always have.  My fat keeps my face plumped up a bit. When I lose weight the first place you see it is in my face.

My neighbors all tell me how good I look with all the years of having CML.  I do not know what they expect to see.

My neighbors have always layed out soaking up the sun, and they look horrible.  I cannot believe the one lady who is 10 years younger than me, and I got up close one day to talk to her.  She looks like one big prune.  My advice would be to use a moisturizer, and stay out of the sun.

#23 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hi Pam:  I wrote on another topic about Fish Oil.  I take Nature's Bounty Odorless enteric coated softgel capsules

1200 mg of Fish Oil.  I never burp it or taste it, and it has made a difference in my Triglycerides.  They came down for the first time in years.  I hear so many people complain about that aftertaste.  If you can get these, try them.

#24 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

panmartin you billie and others here are hilarious, I bruised my rib working in my flower bed, and you all are making me laugh so hard, and I am trying to be nice and take it easy but I cannot from laughing so hard on these comments, you all ought to quit. lol

#25 Dina36

Dina36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hi Cliffee,

Check your message box I just wrote you a private message.

Dry skin is driving me crazy!!!!!

#26 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Pam - You'll want to be careful when using the fish oil capsules directly on the skin.  You'll be soft and smooth and followed by a parade of CATS!  Yeow!

Billie & Pam - Possibly the funniest responses I have ever read.  I laughed so hard I cried.

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#27 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks judy2

#28 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Thanks Cliffee

#29 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Antilogical,

Sometime I will share two stories, one about a hand held tanning lamp (that my dad took to the driveway and smashed by driving over it with his truck) and the other about the time I used cooking oil and iodine for sunbathing.  There are still times I reflect on the fact my parents decided to keep me and not put me up for adoption soon after I began to walk and talk.  Although the stories I mentioned are pretty good, I bet Billie can top them, hands down!

Hi Susan, I will look into that, I have never had a fish oil capsule where I didn't taste fishy a bit after taking the pill.

Mariebow, sorry you hurt yourself hope you feel better soon, but glad we made you laugh (minus the pain). I learned long ago to plant wildflowers, they re=seed themselves and even if weeds grow up in them, it looks planned.  The thing I find most interesting about my skin is I used to tan, and tan dark, everything I have read about the TKI's and Sprycel states I would be more apt to burn in the sun, I have been in the sun quite a bit and there is no burning, even with the steroids.  I am darker, but small scars, healed scratches, my marks from naturally ungraceful ways, and other weird spots are white.  I know TKI's are supposed to affect skin color, ghostly comes to mind, but like all things I can't do it like everyone else.  I have to be the weirdo and be spotty.  (somewhere there is going to be a comment from Billie or Judy about me turning into a Dalmatian).

#30 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hi Susan,

I hope you're feeling better. Have you gone to the doctors yet?  I wouldn't think that Gleevac would make you sick after all these years, If you're not well yet,it's better to be safe than sorry.You're so busy running around and taking care of everybody else except yourself. Maybe you need some r&r. Before you get a real bad problem. We all know how stress affects our bodies. So baby yourself for a while okay?

Hey maybe if we walk around on our hands all the time all our fat will go to our face and fill out the wrinkles,and make our hair look fuller. The only problem with that is everybody else will have to do it also to see how beautiful we are. That's a really dumb idea,but I'm always thinking!!!!!!  love Billie

#31 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Susan,

Have you ever been attacked by a bunch of cats?  And if I were you I'd stay away from the Zoo!  Hee Hee                    Luv Billie

#32 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Pammie,

It's a good thing we didn't grow up next to each other, we would have both ended up in foster care, and our mothers would have become permanent residents of the mental health unit, at our local hospitals. I love your mayo adventure, what did we know, when our mom's yelled at us and said don't use the good towels?  I always thought why is that a good towel? A towel is a towel! I never knew about the good towels until after I was married. I would give you the deed to my house to see a picture of you the morning after the mayo. I bet your poodle was your best friend forever. Poor baby it's a wonder you didn't kill him. Where on earth did you get these crazy ideas?

I have a question for you, how long were you walking funny after you gave yourself your first bikini wax? It took me about 10 days, and I was working as a waitress and we had to wear those white uniforms,and pantyhose. I would rather give birth then go through that again. It was terrible I kept stuffing tissues between my undies and pantyhose, that worked great until the tissues kept sliding down my leg inside my pantyhose and we were so busy I couldn't go to the rest room, to fix myself up. So for days I had to work with these tissues sliding down my legs inside my pantyhose. I'm still hoping nobody noticed!  On the 10th day my mom said to me, well why didn't you just buy a pair of boxer shorts!                                                                Love Billie

#33 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Pam,

A dalmation with horns, you better be careful before you end up in the zoo, and Bob desperatly needs you available at all times!

#34 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Billie,

Didn't do the bikini wax, used Nair.  It seemed to burn a bit, but I figured with the smooth skin look that was revealed on television it was worth a little discomfort.  It wasn't.  As tough as my skin has always been I had an allergic reaction to Nair, but because I was involved in yet another home make over, I had eye brows, lip line, under arms, legs and bikini line coated with the stuff.  Of course i wanted it to work, so I left it on about 15 minutes longer than the recommended time, longer is better  right?.  I showered, areas were still burning, put on lotion which I found out later reacted to the Nair allergy in negative way. A few hours later everything was on fire, looked like it too, beet red, every area.  My mother semi ignored my uncomfortable comments until just a short time later when the blisters began appearing.  She took me to the emergency room, they, in their infinite wisdom diagnosed I was allergic to the Nair(no kidding) wrapped every area in gauze or gauze pads, shot me up with steroids, prescription for some salve that looked and smelled used motor oil and I was not permitted to go outside for 10 days,  I guess the sun would have done a serious number on the entire mass of blistered skin.   I was to go commando and only a light cover to let the air to the skin to help heal.  I lost my allowance for the entire summer that year, that alone probably saved my life, with no money I couldn't buy beauty products, and she made less trips to the doctor or hospital. 

#35 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

BIllie,

Bob would probably drive me to the zoo and respectfully ask my cage ever never be opened again.  My mother used to be on the receiving end of my antics, now it is Bob.  Someone, or everyone should feel sorry for them.  But I think Ron is right up there with Bob, Ron has the wife that came home from a church outing on the priest's boat with his wife covered in green algae and sporting the priest's football jersey.

#36 sarabrooks83

sarabrooks83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Unfortunately, us tasigna patients have to fight aging in a much more concerted way than most other people! I've gotten quite blotchy and sun-splotched myself. I don't think it's a good idea to put more chemicals into your body than we already are, but I've tried to find a natural moisturizer and other facial products and apply them diligently. Seems to help a little.

#37 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Pam,

I still haven't lived that one down.  And now that you know about it I never will!      luv Billie

#38 eithne01

eithne01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I've just been reading these and you guys are cracking me up. it's just great to be able to have a laugh. I am now starting my second month on Tasigna and it has to be said, it's nowhere near as bad as I feared. (thanks again to everyone who replied to my question at the time). I had huge bags under my eyes on the Glivec and since been on Taigna they have completely disappeared, am thrilled. Did notice a few dry spots but am slathering on moisturisers and anything else that gets recommended LOl. I am going to see if I can get those fish oil tablets here in Ireland.I use clarins moisturisers and lotions and they seem to keep me looking all o fmy 45 years so far, thanks for all the laughs. Billie, your'e good for the soul.x

#39 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hey Pammie,

Thanks for clearing something up for me. I had never heard the expression go commando before. About 3 years ago I was watching that show The Doctors, and they kept talking about go commando, by the end of the show I figured out what they meant, but I guess I forgot the expression. So for 3 years I have been saying go geronomo!       Billie

#40 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey Billie, commando, Geronimo, hi-ho hey-ho they all get the point across.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users