• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

Hi....I need to tell my school yes or no for this vaccine.....do I want it?  I work in a school, but I am not the nurse!  HELP!  Should I ask my doc?  Thanks, Lala

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hi Lala:  Hope someone has a answer for you.  The only thing I was told was not to get the shingles vaccine.  I just had my FLU Shot today.  Last year I was deathly sick from getting a Pneumonia and Flu shot together.  So far I feel okay.

Susan

#3 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

I believe the answer is that we can have dead vaccines, but not live ones.  The shingles shot is a live vaccine.  I do not know about the hep vaccine.

Caroline

#4 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hi, ladies!  Thanks for responding.  I called my onc today......the nurse said to get them....a series of three shots, I believe.  I still am a bit worried about it....I also need the flu shot this month.....the pneumonia shot killed my arm last month....uuuuugggghhhhh!  I am hoping our expert, TREY, responds!  Sending you all good energy!!!!!!!!  Lala

#5 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

Hi lala,

The hepatitis B vaccine is not a live vaccine and provides protection without causing disease and since it appears that we should avoid "live" vaccines, hep B should be okay.

#6 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

If you think you need it, then there is no reason related to the CML to decline it.

#7 lala

lala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

Hi....it is a go!!!!!!!  Thanks, everyone, and Susan, I hope you are still feeling ok after your shot!!!!!!

#8 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hi Lala:  Yes, I had no reaction at all this year.  Not even the achy feverish thing I always get.  Everyone I talk to says they got through it very well with no side effects.  I think its different every year, and somebody said this year is a combination of two vaccines.  I do not know, but maybe someone else knows.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users