4 replies to this topic

#1 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hey everyone,

It has been awhile since I posted on this website, actually it was back in August right before I started my SCT and I wanted to share my results with everyone on here. This section of the LLS website and stem cell transplant have been fantastic and I can't say enough for everyone on here being so supportive of one another.

On that note, I have been able to achieve a major molecular response with no evidence of the BCR-ABL chromosome with my cytogentics. My PCR is .000007 and my doctor is extremely pleased with how well I am doing with only have a rash on my chest and back which is manageable and feeling great otherwise. My biggest challenging is not to lose much more weight, I think I have lost 10 lbs due to having no taste buds but I am keeping my protein and fluid levels up with Boost drinks, smoothies, water, and eating small meals to keep everything moving along. My doctor said this is the exact response you want to have at this stage of the game and will repeat the BMB on + 90 which is at the end of November. You know you are doing well when your medical team is all smiles and appear very confident about your future, makes you feel a whole lot better. We all know when things are going wrong based on our doctor's body language.

On a side note, my WBC are holding thus far between 4.0-5.5. My platelets between 113-135 which is great since it has been many months since I was over 35,000. My HGB is the last to come back since I am changing blood types. I am 9.8 right now with the help of my 2nd transfusion last week which is to be expected per my medical team but should begin to rebound here in the next month or so. No biggie there, the last step and ofcourse will monitor for GVH during this time period but ok on that for now.

All in all, I feel very fortunate and blessed and have appreciated all the support surrounding me. I know this battle is not over but sure does feel nice to be able to say I have reached a MMR, something I have read other stating but nothing I could even come close to saying since October of last year.

Thanks again,

#2 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yea!! Congratulations, and keep us posted.  Very happy for you!

Marnie

#3 paralyzed

paralyzed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Sounds better than perfect! Greatest of news.

While you may not, remember some have wacky counts around day 60. Keep up the momentum!

Jim

#4 cpsn0000

cpsn0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback and supportive messages. I am sure my counts will be whacky for awhile but so happy they are moving in the correct direction. Patiently waiting on my RBC but they will come.

#5 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:59 AM

Good to hear you are doing well... Best wishes and have a fast recovery.

Am curious, one question, since your BCR-ABL is in MMR close to PCRU, wondering if you taking any TKIs after BMT or do you take any drugs or on monitoring until PCRU ?  What is the protocol on onwards treatment. ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users