2 replies to this topic

#1 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

Trey once mentioned that taking vitamin C, and folic acid was good for cell generation.  From what I can remember, he also said Gleevec was absorbed best in an acidic stomach, so drinking orange juice with G was a good idea.  What about Sprycel?  I have a few questions:

1. Is it best to take Sprycel alone (without any vitamins, or other drugs)?
  2. What aides in the absorption of Sprycel?
  3. What may decrease its efficacy (food, vitamins, anti-depressants, birth-control, etc.)?

So, any recommendations on a site that can explain how this drug is processed in the liver, etc. and what it binds to good or bad?

I keep on thinking I may be getting a slower response to Sprycel because of something I may be doing (or not).  I was having a pretty speedy response to Sprycel until I started birth control pills.  But it is a Catch-22.  Without the hormone, I would get extremely anemic again and be at risk for hemorrhaging with each period---again.  Just assuming that it may be the estrogen...

Any input would be greatly welcome!

Teds

#2 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi Teds,

Dasatinib (Sprycel) is a salt. It absorbs very easily through the stomach with or without food.  I take my Sprycel at night just before bedtime.   I only take 20mg.

I do take a multi vitamin in the morning - sometimes but not consistently.  And my wife is juicing more and feeding me with lots of vegetables & soups. (whether I want to or not).

What are your PCR levels at now?

p.s.

And Dr. Aggarwal suggested I take my Sprycel with Curcumin at the same time.  I tend to taket the Curcumin at around dinner and follow a few hours later with the Sprycel.

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Since Sprycel has a very short half-life in the body (about 3 - 5 hours), it would reduce any potential interference by taking any other medications at the other end of the day.  Not saying there is any interference, just answering the question.

To maximize TKI absorption, it might be best to take the TKI with a Vitamin C (just for the added acid in the stomach).  I do not really know if that works, but it is what I do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users