Photo

Follow-Up of Complete Cytogenetic Remission in Patients With Chronic Myeloid Leukemia After Cessation of Interferon Alfa

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

My Hematologist is of the same opinion, that there is no current cure for CML (apart from a BMT).

But if I can make it to PCRU and keep it for a couple of years, I'm going to start nagging him about the possiblity of reducing my Gleevec dosage down, as long as I continue to keep a PCRU, similar to what Trey has achieved. Got to get there first though.

#22 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

Well I wish you well, and that your resample  of PCR will be PCRU again. Coz from many post I notice, if a patient able to last for so many years of PCRU, most probably you will sustain without progression.  Base on the statistical model of evolution theory all the LSC will eventually push out from your bone marrow. Guess you could re-sample your PCR with other lab.

Base on the -ve slope theory of LSC cells reduction, even the slowest slope will bring you to  towards non reoccurance region and hence you could reduce the dosage for trial first and monitor with DNA PCR. As there is finding on healthy individual with BCR-ABL in the % of 1 in 10 Million - 100 Million.

So  I think you may be functionaly cured... hope for the best.

#23 BPilgrim

BPilgrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thanks, valiant.  I appreciate the thoughts.

Question for all:  The lab that does my PCR test only has a 1 in 125,000 detection limit, with no ability to quantify below .0069% on the International Scale.  Are there labs that return much more sensitive results than that, or should I stay put?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users