32 replies to this topic

#21 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hi my friend,

I am glad to hear from you, I am learning about the patience from you, I been under the chemo all day long I hope I don't feel any symptoms. About the transplant I don't know if is the only option we have but if it is what we can do, everything I am living right now is hard but I know I am going to get through this, god will help me and also I will fight hard. My friend I don't knwo what else to ask you for the moment but the only thing is concerning me right now is the BMT, your Dr. told you is the only treatment ? let me know I know that people here is asking for that and they say that we have to sit with our doctors before that.

Take care my frien I keep me posted.

#22 quiltdiva51

quiltdiva51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

I will be sitting down with a couple doctors when I get to the transplant team. I'm sure we will discuss many things.
But my Onc said the only thing that will "cure" me now, once I reach remission, is the transplant. You know we are all different, with different parts of this mess. What happens to me is not necessarily what happens to the next guy.

Suggestion - Go out to the area on the computer where you think you will have the transplant, the facility. See if they have published any general "manual" to look at. Mine did, and gave me lots of info. I don't even know what questions to ask at this point either, but I know someone who just did this last spring at this facility, and they agreed to be my resource. I don't know his particulars, but he is doing well. And he's the one I keep thinking about. If Larry can do it, we can do it!!!

I need to get to bed. Keep doing well, Vit G.

#23 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:55 AM

I finished the first round hyper Cvad, they send me home today I wasn't that bad or I don't know if the symptoms will come soon because thanks to God I didn't feel anything not even nauseas, only diarrea one morning but that was it. With the news running in all hospital that my Brother and Sister are compatible with me for the BMT, social workers and nurses keep telling me that this is a miracle, and some others play with me and they said who you will chose your sister or yor bro,  well we still don't knwo for sure who is more compatible yet sometimes all those test one came different and thats when they chose one.  Well I am just posting here because I am still CML thats why the doctors said, but ofcourse if they keep me in sprycel I will relapse again doctor said that maybe 8 moths to a year, that now that I have HLA family compatible then they recomend the BMT, there is a long process anyway I will keep you  posted.

God Bless you

#24 tranier

tranier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:05 AM

Dear Quilt Diva and Slalom- I'm B Js mom and we are all dealing with a blast crisis advancement from CML..We also represent all ages 21...35 and 59...we also share that blast crisis came with vengeance..and we all 3 need this community's prayers and support...Perhaps Trey knows a way to combine our Sep posts into "Blast Crisis" to help others...

Q-what hospital and trAnsplant center are you with?  Have they found your match yet?  BJ lost his first donor and just lost his "remission"  So in only 8 weeks time..e are fighting to keep his now Oct 24 date...Yes.. BMB showed 7 blast but everything else clean...Thanks to God, Faith,Family and Friends

Shalom....At this point you trust your transplant team-We did three opinions and they all supported Cleve Clinics plan

I guess my advice is...God forbid...another blast crisis ensues....once it is confirmed...I haven't found ANY major center that doesn't recommend pursuing BMT/SCT for cure...I hope sincerely that we are the only three for a looooooong time here that will advance to this stage....

I will keep you both in our prayers!

#25 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Hi to all,

I finished my 2 weeks of Chemo the one they call Hyper CVAD, and my sister match to me for my donor, I am working now with the transplant team and they will start the transplant in 2 weeks from now, I am very nervous but at the same time I feel happy to know that my sister will be my donor and that she lives at the same city than me, so that will make more fast all the process, because she is ready and I am too.

Please pray for me my friends here in this forum.

Thank you

#26 grannyd

grannyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Sending up prayers for you & your sister!!!  God Bless!!! granny d

#27 quiltdiva51

quiltdiva51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

Vit G,

I was so glad to read you came through your chemo OK. And your sis is a match, yeaaaa! I have no brothers or sisters, so I will need a donor. My mom volunteered, but she is only half of me, so she doesn't qualify!

My first appointment at the transplant center is Monday; I hope to hear lots of good info and a time line. I want this ordeal over with! 

You stay strong, and blessings to your sis for donating!

P.S. I am in Oklahoma City; I will be going to the University of Oklahoma Transplant Center. I hope they are extra nice to alumna!!!

#28 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

Dear VG,

I am so happy for you, you sound so strong and determined and you have your wonderful family. I will keep you in my prayers constantly . Hopefully this will soon be over and you can begin to live your normal life again. I met a young nurse yesterday whos husband had a bmt a year ago and he is completly cancer free. I believe she said he had lymphoma. I was still groggy from some anestetic I had earlier and I wish I had asked her more questions. I really wouldn't understand much but I wish I had gotten her name. All I know is she is one lovely ecstatic young lady her husband has been cancer free for over a year he feels good and has been back to work full time for a while now and they just had a baby boy a couple months ago. She was just glowing. I felt blessed just meeting her.

God Bless You Billie

#29 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hi:  Will keep the prayers going for you.  You keep your positive attitude.  When I thought I was going for the BMT, I had no match for a transplant.  My sister and brother are a match for each other, but not for me.  They found so many matches for me from unrelated donors, but then I did the Gleevec instead.  I hope they find a real close match for you.  Life Is Hard But God Is Good!!!

Susan

#30 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:39 PM

Thanks and GOD Bless you my friend.

#31 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hi my friend,

I hope you find your siblin match soon, I will be praying for that. My doctor told me that in 2 weeks we will start with the BMT they will call my sis for all those test she will need and after that she will spend a day in a hospital where they will collect the cells from her and the next day I will be getthing her cells, I hope everything works OK, I am ready and I feel very good right now I have energy more than before when I was on G, I used to be with a lot of fatigue all the time and I notice that after the chemo I have been feeling fine again like when I was me with a lot of energy I hope after the BMT everything keeps the same or better.

I hope you get your  BMT soon and please keem me posted

God Bless you

#32 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:51 PM

Thank you so much Bill I am very happy when I receive this messages, is like giving me more power and faith to keep fighting this battle, you guys here are my battle buddies.

God bless you

#33 Shalom

Shalom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Susan,

Thank you for your  prayers I will need them, I am going for a BMT in two weeks, my sister was my siblin match and the BMT team is already cordinating everything with my sister and me to get this done in two weeks, I will let you guys know about what is happening with all this process I know I still more to go but I am ready for everythign I am no scare anymore I am in GOD hands and I will take what he has for me.

God Bless you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users