2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve-o

Steve-o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hi all,

Thought I'd check in with you all since I had my 3 month check up today.  Blood counts are all in the normal range.  One response down and two to go!  BCR-ABL is at 17% (was 98% at diagnosis).  Sorry, I don't know about scales (international or otherwise).  I'll keep giving em blood every month, then some marrow in December.  Almost no side effects (slight cramping in my hands and feet) on 400 mg of Gleevec a day.

I still lurk on here occassionally and really learn a lot from all of you.  Thank you. 

I suppose life is back to normal.  Running kids to activities, working 50 hours a week, exercising again, and jamming to the new Chili Peppers album.  And yes, I even cue up a vinyl version of Philadelphia Freedom now and again.:)

And I plan to walk in our community Light the Night walk in the park across the street from my house in a week.  How cool is that?

Take care,

Steve-o

#2 nathaliece

nathaliece

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Congratulations, Steve-o!  It sounds like you are progressing really well on the Gleevec with minor side effects.  I was diagnosed in 11/10 and put my first team together for the Light the Night fundraiser as well.  It feels good to give back to an organization that has helped so many and funded the research that let to Gleevec.

All the best,
Nat

#3 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

Hi:  Your coming along great, and glad you can do the walk for Leukemia's Light The Night.  Keep us updated.  Every message is helpful to everyone.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users