• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CMLSurvivor

CMLSurvivor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

If this question has already been asked and answered I am sorry, I couldn't find the discussion. I have been having issues with my muscles and joints. If I walk or run for any length of time sharp pain in my knee, of course I went to the doctor and he told me it was patella pain and to walk with a brace on. Now I have severe pain in my elbow, sort of like tennis elbow. I take 300 mg of Gleevec and a mild muscle relaxer for tension headaches caused by the Gleevec. I am wondering if the mild muscle relaxer could be causing the muscle joint pain in my knee and elbow. I know I am getting old, turning 40 in a couple of months but, Come On!!! What do you think? 

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hi  Your not getting old.  I am old enough to be your mother.  My daughter is going to be 38 next month.  The joint pain is something that I think is always there.  Some days are better than others.  In my case, its not just my Gleevec.  I have Arthritis too in my knees and my back, elbows,neck.  I just get through it somehow.  Walking is so good for you whenever you can do it, but if running makes it worse then stop running.  You can get your exercise with good daily walking on your better days, and take it easy on the days your having a lot of discomfort.  Arthritis of the knees is so common, no matter what your age is.

Susan

#3 gootzeitb

gootzeitb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:14 AM

I was wondering - i have arthritis in my back and bruised on bone (400 mg gleevec) my ortho was going to give me steriods but was aftraid to because of CML - anyone have any infor to share ??

#4 jrsboo

jrsboo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hi all,

The TKI's inhibit up to 22 different kinases.  One of them, Platelet Derived Growth Factor, is the one used in fixing tendons and ligaments.  So it will take some time for your body to find a work around to allow the tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)  to heal itself.

My orthopedist gives me cortisone shots in my shoulder (rotator cuff micro tears) and I am on meloxicam daily for the tennis elbow.  I also had about 20 sessions of physical therapy trying to get other muscles to do the heavy lifting, and teach me how to use my arm better.

Good luck!

Caroline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users