• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skittles

Skittles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

I have just found out that as of March 31, 2012 my insurance will only cover 15K a year for prescriptions and we all know that's not nearly enough for our TKI's.  I will not be eligible for medicare until 2015 and though not wealthy I am not eligible for any co-pay assistance.  I have been calling the state insurance commission and a few private companies but to no avail.  I am totally scared as to what is going to happen with all of this.  I know several on the group have had similar problems but I haven't found any answers for here in Massachusetts.  Any guidance would be a real blessing at this point...thanks everyone.  Skittles

#2 roamingdoc83

roamingdoc83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Start here:

https://www.pcip.gov...tateInformation      pick your state (MA) and check out eligibility (there are some hoops to be sure!)

I know that a similar program in CA covers the meds. I'm losing my "insurance" (HIPAA) because I cannot afford it any longer and won't sell

our home to pay for it... I will try the PCIP at the end of six months.  Good luck with your search.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users