• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Asmaa

Asmaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but i didn't find anything with a search. I've been doing alot of reading and research on the topic of managing or curing disease naturally but cannot find anything that applies to this particular condition.  and also so much contradicting stuff out there. Any info is appreciated. 

I am grateful for tasigna but can't help but wonder if there is a less toxic way to live.  i have been itching and having a rash for a full year now. and i'm not complaining because my problems were far worse a year ago and my response has been great. but if this is whats happening outside then i wonder what is it doing inside my body? and what does that mean long term. also hoping for more children and a life without drugs. is it possible to come off without the cancer returning? right now just on a search for info. thx.

#2 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hi:  A lot depends on where you are with your status with your CML.  You have only been in treatment for a year, and the side effects seem tolerable for you right now.  I am on Gleevec for 11 years, and I am PCRU.  If you are still at the age to have children then I can understand.  People have gone off of their medication to have a baby, and then went back on afterward.  As for natural treatment.  Right now there is nothing you can do without risking your life, and you do not want to do that.  Talk to your doctor.  I really cannot comment as I do not know where you are at this point with your CML or how old you are etc.

I wish you the best, but if your Tasigna is working then stay on it until your sure you can stop it for awhile to get pregnant.

Susan

#3 Asmaa

Asmaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

thanks susan.  I just turned 30, and just had my 1 year post treatment/diagnosis bone marrow biopsy  to see if i'm PCRU. hopefully will get results next week. so far I've hit all the milestones they wanted me to. I know people have gone off to have a baby, then started back up, but that is not really appealing to me because If i can't breastfeed at least a year, I don't want to do that.  Not going to get into a debate here on bottle or breast, but it's just my personal preference. This is just one reason (among many) why i was wondering if there is an alternative way to manage this disease.  such as with diet and exercise, like the ph miracle thing, or macrobiotics, you know, the plant based stuff..  I've found alot of info on naturally shrinking and healing tumors, but what about us? what about when there is no tumor?  just was wondering if anyone out there had come off meds in conjunction with being PCRU, and changing their lifestyle, and remained cancer free? just curious

#4 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

HI:  I have been PCRU for 8 years.  I am not as young as you are.  I have a daughter who is 37,and I will be 64 in Nov.  The only thing I can say about breast feeding and having a baby is which is most important to you.  I know so many people who had babies who could not tolerate the breastmilk, and had to switch to formula anyhow.  They have grown up to be healthy children.  Wait to see if you are PCRU, and if you are then go ahead with your plans as you want to do.

Just remember how blessed you are to be able to treat your CML the way we can now with all these new advancements in Leukemia Research, and that you can have a long and happy life, until they come up with something foolproof for you to go off your medication and survive.

Susan

#5 valiantchong

valiantchong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

There is no proven natural treatment to control the disease.

However base from the internet you could get information on a few natural food that reported to be able to kill 'Leukemia cells'. You could browse and check, it streches from Grape seeds, Forkholin, Cucumin, Feverfew, Barberry extract, Tomato extract, brocoli and asparagus. For indigo (qingdai) and realgar (xionghuang) as in Chinese medicine treament. 

If one want to try these as supplement, it is recommend to discuss with your doctor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users