Photo

Does anyone have periodic gum / mouth pain?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ADCARSON

ADCARSON

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

Does anyone have periodic gum /mouth pain.  For 2 days my gums are very sore and painful.  I take Gleevec.  Was wondering if I should contact my doctor or wait and see if it goes away?

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hi Anita,

I haven't had any gum/mouth pain apart from the fact I think I grit my teeth a little bit on some nights from stress. Might be worth having a word with your dentist just to be on the safe side. My dentist is keeping a closer eye on my teeth since I told her I'm on Gleevec, due to Gleevec possibly affecting calcium, phosphorus and magnesium levels which could impact my teeth.

Also there is an issue for some on Sprycle (mainly) when they have myleosuppression which results in mouth ulcers.

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Just as the TKI drugs affect the skin, they also affect the mouth lining since it is actually a very close cousin to skin.

#4 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

Dear Anita,

I get sores in my mouth quite a bit. I even have a hole inside my right cheek. Onc looked at it not concerned. He gave me a script for something called bmx. You put less than a tsp. in your mouth and swish it around for about 2 minutes it really helps.You could call onc and have him call you in a script. I get more mouth sores on Sprycel than I did with Gleevac but I have a lot less side effects.

Good luck.              That's just me if it would make you feel better you should call onc and at least let him know what's what's going on. Don't you get sick and tired of all this cml crap?But then I get it together and remind myself we're the lucky ones. I totally agree with Trey about our meds being to strong. I've had cml for 4 years and tests are always fine it's the side effects from the meds that cause me problems.                Good Luck Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users