Photo

Can I use that other expletive now, Phil??

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hi Marnie.  I'm amazed that you're not familiar with the DTTMOIAM test as it's one of the most important ones available in determining the correct CML treatment.  It stands for Does Trey Think My Onc Is A Moron?

#22 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Oh, oh. . .I think I may have failed that test.

#23 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Dear Marnie,

That is a great idea Lucky has. When I went to see onc assistant she right away said onc wanted me on a different drug. I said oh God not Tasigma, I was almost in tears.She was surprised I knew what it was and what a pain it is to take. So she went and told onc what I said so that's when he decided to alternate my Sprycel. You have only been on S a few months I went on it a month before you. It only stands to reason that going on a new drug messes with your whole body. I read six mos or more. You should call your onc and tell him you're not comfortable with the increase,and could you stay at 100mg for a while.  Remember he works for you!         lol Billie

#24 Happycat

Happycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Marnie,

It's nice to have this forum to help put things in perspective.  I can totally understand how flabbergasted you must have felt when he began bringing up switching you to MD Anderson.  Maybe what he's really saying is HE doesn't think he's the best doctor for you.  Maybe you can get a quick consult there (by phone?) just to review your numbers and see if increasing the Sprycel makes sense for you.  Or maybe suggest your doctor do a quick consult with another doctor at MD Anderson if that would be faster. 

Traci

#25 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi, Marnie,

Only two zeros? Crap, I have to cut back on my Margarita's; must have been getting close the the ...three margaritas, floor...level when I wrote that.

The 35% is on the prescribing information that should come with every bottle of Spryel we receive. I didn't look it up again, just relying on memory, but I know it was in the 30s. Of course, conversely, that means that 65% of us don't develop PEs, but that didn't make my point nearly as well!

Another beautiful weekend - enjoy it everyone!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users