2 replies to this topic

#1 JoshLee

JoshLee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

Hi All,

Quick question. I think the blister packs that Tasigna comes in are really annoying, so I have been taking them out of the blister packs and putting the pills in a large prescription bottle. Every time a new shipment comes I put the old pills on top and the new pills on the bottom....First in first out....Anways, do ya'll think it matters that the pills are out of the blister backs and in a prescription bottle? I hope I haven't been lessening the effectiveness of the drug by doing this, but it just didn't really seem like a big deal. I called the Tasigna hotline and they didn't really have anything to say about it. Thanks for your thoughts. -Josh

#2 soundoff

soundoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

My onc told me to do that so it should be fine... I sent you a private message but never heard back. Check you messages  Sounfdoff

#3 sdl722

sdl722

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Hi Josh,

I'm on a trial and I get my pills in a bottle (60 per bottle), so I think it would be OK to do what you are doing.  I think the blister packs are Novartis's way to make it easier to remind you to take 2 at a time.

Stephen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users