#1 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

I had my weekly CBC done today since re-starting 20mg of Sprycel.

ANC = 0.79 (same as last week - that's the good news)

Platelets = 125 (dropping from 225, 170 and now 125).

WBC = 2.6 (up from 2.2)

The good news is that my Neutrophils are holding steady (no Neupogen !!), but my platelets are dropping.

I don't quite understand what is happening yet, but if the platelets go below 100 the Onc's get concerned.

They are curious about the Curcumin I am taking (8 grams a day) and there does seem to be evidence that Sprycel is enhanced with Curcumin (colin cancer trials indicated that might be likely).  I will stay at 20mg Dasatinib until my counts normalize (ANC > 1.0 and platelets back up).  When that happens I start to increase Sprycel dose (maybe ...).

So there does seem to be a plan now.  After one year of nothing since diagnosis (although stayin' alive) - I now have a TKI in my blood circulating for longer than two weeks.  If 20mg can cause my PCR to plummet (< 1.0%) - then the docs want to look at Curcumin more because the plan at 20mg was to re-balance my blood (more normal, less Leukemic) so that I can increase Sprycel doseage.  If PCR transcripts drop by a lot with only 20 mg.of Sprycel  - then they will want to look at Curcumin as the reason .  They are not telling me to stop taking it.  Dr. Aggarwal is very interested (M.D. Anderson Ph.D).   I am my own trial.   Very cool.

My goal - get to PCRu using 20 mg. Sprycel and then dump the sprycel and stay on Curcumin.   I want to be PCRu by December (O.k. - laughing time over Mr. Trey).  By the way - my FISH still came back zero (two times in a row).   I have no idea any more what that means.  I only care about PCR at this point (and ANC number ... and now Platelets).

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

#2 scuba

scuba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

By the way ... zero side affects with low dose Sprycel.  And I can tan.  My Italian skin is getting darker in the Houston sun.  Low dose is great if for no other reason than I can take buff shots and send them out on Twitter like congressman can do - except he wasn't buff.  (and neither am I ... who am I kidding.)

Diagnosed 11 May 2011 (100% FiSH, 155% PCR)

with b2a2 BCR-ABL fusion transcript coding for the 210kDa BCR-ABL protein

Sprycel: 20 mg per day - taken at lights out with Quercetin and/or Magnesium Taurate

6-8 grams Curcumin C3 complex.

2015 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

2016 PCR: < 0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale) 

March        2017 PCR:     0.01% (M.D. Anderson scale)

June          2017 PCR:     "undetected"

September 2017 PCR:     "undetected"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users