LivingWellWithCML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm still very early in treatment (5 weeks into Gleevec 400mg), but I've already gathered a weath of information and support from this board and really appreciate everyone who contributes.  Especially when you all patiently answer the "obvious" questions that I've had out of the gate.  I've learned to data-mine the board first, because most questions have already been answered!  I have my first follow-up with Dr. Hanna Khoury at Emory on Friday - we will see how that goes.

I am wondering if there are other CML folks in the Atlanta area who might be interested in getting together from time to time for mutual support and fellowship - perhaps over a cold beer or good glass of wine.   LLS First Connections was wonderful to me, but the contact who reached out was not from my area, so it was limited to a phone conversation.  I really appreciate the value of face-to-face relationships and would be grateful for the opportunity to meet some of you who live around here.

I've been in touch with one CML-er in Atlanta who's looking to get a group together, so if you might be interested, please drop me a private message through the board and I will loop you in.  I think we're looking to host a gathering around the end of June near the north Perimeter district.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan - Atlanta, GA

CML CP Diagnosed March 2011

Gleevec 400mg

#2 rmjones5278

rmjones5278

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

My name is Ryan, I was diagnosed in February 2011. I am interested in meeting people in the Atlanta area with CML to share stories and keep people inspired. Please email me at RMJONES5278@HOTMAIL.COM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users