After being on Gleevec for almost 3 yrs doctor informed me last week that my 5% leukemic has increased to 35% and I may have to have meds changed. Took blood for a more sensitive blood test and am awaiting results. Said that this is just one reading but leukemia may have progressed. What do you think Trey? Would Sprycel be best or should I just go with what dr. suggests? Anyone else have anything to share?
Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:03 PM
Not sure what the "more sensitive" test is. Were the results from a FISH previously, and now doing a PCR? I would think that after 3 years you would only have PCR tests.
If there is a kinase mutation involved, Sprycel works better for some, and Tasigna works better for others. So I would want a Kinase Mutation Test first. If there is no mutation, then my choice would usually be Sprycel unless there are specific side effects that you have issues with.
See previous discussion:
Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:41 PM
Thanks Trey. Yes, I have had fish before so probably this new test is PCR. Looked at the discussion and it was helpful. Thanks again! It is always helpful to see what you have to say.
Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:31 AM
This sounds too fimiliar. Don't wait get the kinase mutation test as soon as you can as Trey suggested. Good luck hope things work out for you as they have for me. Been on Tasigna for 12 months, working great.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users