• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mck_001

mck_001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

I am having gas pains really high in my abdominal area...almost at my ribcage with lots of bloating.  Do any of you take anything that helps with that?

I've avoided side effect medications as much as possible, but would love it if there was smoething to help with the cyclical gas pains.

Thanks!

MK

#2 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

Tummy gas is always a problem for me. One of the things that helps relieve it is to lay on your left side. I will do that while reading or watching T.V. Even when I go to bed. It does not stop the gas from forming but it does relieve it.

MJL

#3 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

I just went through a problem with that, and it seemed it would happen right after I ate.  The doctor even thought it was my Gallbladder.  I had posted on it a few months ago.  It was happening every day for weeks, and I did get relief with regular old Alka-Seltzer.  It finally just stopped.  I am trying to eat slower and drink water with my meals to help digest my food better too.  I was put on a new medication prior to all this starting, and now my doctor thinks I might have just been adjusting to the new drug.  Hope you get some relief.  I never tryed it, but a friend of mine swears by Mylanta for her gas pains.

I did notice now that I have gotten older that I just cannot eat the things I used to.

Take Care

Susan

#4 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Dear MK,

Please forgive me but I am in a really flaky mood tonight, and  no I am not drinking my wine. Maybe I'm probably finally losing it but the first thing that comes to my mind is to get on an airplane and sit next to a really old person and let er rip. Then stick your nose up in the air and sniff just like everyone else around you.

Billie

ps someone help me

#5 smbutters

smbutters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:33 AM

My husband actually just had a really bad bout with a gas bubble about a week ago.  It started really high in his abodomen and he said he could tell something was working its way down over the next several days.  He also had constipation, which he never has.  He took some mylanta and tried to watch what he ate and eventually he got better. 

#6 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:47 AM

On another thread ETauntonMA mentions taking GasX for bloating.

#7 MACELPatient

MACELPatient

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

Yeah, I just recently started to try GasX to see if that helps and I have found that it helps but does not eliminate it.  My worse is usually within a couple hours after eating so I try to take it around the time I eat.  I have also separated the time I take my Gleevec from the time I eat.  I am now taking my Gleevec just prior to bed time, usually within a couple hours after eating.  I found that taking the Gleevc along with a meal exacerbated the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users