Is Brain Fog Really real?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:43 AM

Dear Caroline,

That was a classic when you said I'll take my sprycel and fall flat on my face. I call it my sleeping pill right after lunch. I thought it was only me!

LOL Billie  try to spell eensy weensy spider.

#22 VickiW

VickiW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Locationnorthwoods

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hi Billie!

haven't been on for a bit (spring finaalllyyy arrived up here) because I have been busy planting veggies, etc.  I did catch your mention of your Sprycel "sleeping pill" and did a two-day self test.  Sure enough, 2 hours after taking, it's LIGHTS OUT!  Knew I was having a serious attack of the "sleepies"  but since I wasn't taking my Sprycel at exactly the same time every day I didn't connect it up as being different from the general fatigue we all have.   This is a very valuable bit of info, thank you!  Now I know if going somewhere important (or driving) to time my pill accordingly.  Usually, if I am busy, I can shake it off but sometimes I have no choice but to stop what I am doing and crawl into my recliner for a few minutes. 

About the spelling thing.  I have the same problem with words I've known for years but don't use often.  (My bigger problem is sometimes remembering names of things in conversation~I hate standing there like an idiot~arrggghh).  Anyway, at least on-line, there is an easy fix.  Switch your web browser to Chrome.  It has a built in spell checker that underlines any "goofs" and just a right mouse click will supply the correct spelling.  This feature works in any window, box, chat, page, etc. you might be working in.

Hope this tip might help someone else out there,

Vicki

Oh yeah, by the way, I have been out in the sun for over a week now and NO SUNBURN OR QUESY STOMACH!   Must have just needed a full year off the Gleevec for my body to re-set.

Dxd 2007

started on Gleevec switched to Sprycel 100mg in 2009

PCRU since 2011

20mg Sprycel every other day since Dec. 2014

Began TFR 4-18-16

#23 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

Dear Susan,

I wrote a reply as to why I have'nt been on the board I typed for about an hour then all of a sudden my e-mail  disapeared.  I hate this new computer so much I'm learning new cuss words,and I don't even know what they mean.                                                   LOLBillie

#24 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Dear Billie:  I am having all kinds of trouble with my computer for weeks now, ever since they updated our security sytem they messed up everything else.

Glad it was just your computer, and not you.

Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users