I have been told I am in Complete Hematological Remission with no evidence of CML detected under a microscope. My platelets continue to be a problem after 6 months of on and off again treatment. I am currently only taking 20mg of Sprycel and still awaiting the balance of my Bone Marrow Biopsy report to come back. I am currently on Neumega shots to increase my platelet production but still talking Stem Cell transplant if I can stablalize my platelet count with being on meds, even if they stay at 20,000 or 30,000.
Question is, from what I read about neumega, aren't you supposed to stop taking the chemo pill, take the shots for about 2 weeks worth to see any result and then re-start your chemo? Or can you take this medication while taking Sprycel?
Is it correct to still recommend Stem Cell transplant even though there has been no progression or any evidence of me having CML right now? Granted, I am still waiting for the balance of my BMB report to come back but was curious to see what Trey and company have to say on this?