#1 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

This is what I love about Sprycel! Just when you think you've gotten most of the minor side effects conquered it throws out a new one. I now understand the meaning of purpura; it's Latin for purple <insert portion of body with rash>!

I have always had an occasional smattering of petechiae, mostly on the backs of my hands. A few weeks ago I took off my socks getting ready for bed only to find the tops of my first three toes on both feet were purple!

After checking to make sure I had not turned into a Smurf my next thought was it's just a rash on my toes, how bad can it be?  It never went away but it did improve until last night when they went all purple on me again. Today I noticed I had it on a couple fingers of my right hand. That gave me a little frisson of anxiety.

Of course, this all began three days after my Mayo visit and now it's a week before I see my local onc.

Any words of comfort? Has anyone experienced this before? Am I going to have to forsake flip flops and wear gloves for the rest of my life?!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#2 MomMom

MomMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

I am on Gleevec and about a year ago I began having episodes of purple fingers and feet.  More on palms and fingers than anywhere else.  Still have no concrete reason for it, but the symptoms are like Raynaud's Syndrome. I never know when it will happen.  Right now my arms and fingers are red splotchy.  Real attractive look.

My eyes are always bloodshot or having complete eye bleeds.  Bother.

Question?  Has anyone had breakdown of facical skin?  For instance, roughness that turns into red bumps that peal away.  This also goes and comes at odd times.

Thanks.

MomMom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users