• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 janner25

janner25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

I am still learning, so pardon the question if it sounds stupid...especially because the counts are within normal range...BUT...

End of January, platelet count was 216.  End of Feburary, my platelet count was 265; at the 2nd opinion on 3/7 (so about a 1 - 1 1/2 weeks later) the count was 389.  Is that a drastic swing?  That's the highest my platelets have been since November.  I'm not sure what the platelet count tells us.

Thanks!

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:49 PM

Looks fine since all are within normal range.  Hopefully it is your blood quality improving and platelets returning into the range where they belong.

#3 Emily87

Emily87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Platelet increases without other significant blood changes tend to imply there was a type of infection ....pneumonia, flu, staph, or other systemic issue that your body was compensating to deal with. Like Trey said though, they are within normal range, and if everything else looks normal, I'd probably try not to worry about it. (easier said than done, I know).

Good luck

#4 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

What about PLT getting worse or staying low over time?  I am becoming concerned that I cannot tolerate TKIs or the CML just won't let the TKIs help to heal my marrow.  I am anxious every day about hemorrhaging.  Needless to say, the anemia doesn't make for a healthy and active lifestyle.  I am beginning to feel like a very sick person.

Teds

#5 janner25

janner25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

Thanks...my WBC went up slightly (from 6.3 to 8.6)...guess I'll find out more at the end of March.  I've been feeling ok.  Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users