• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carter1403989208

Carter1403989208

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:32 AM

I have been on Tasigna for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and I am finding that I am having trouble sleeping.  When I first started Tasigna, I had a rash and a really itchy scalp.  The rash and scalp itch have mostly subsided, aside from some dry skin.  However, I am finding it very hard to sleep sometimes.  My onc said that sleeping issues are common.  I understand that everybody is different, and that side effects vary individual to individual.  I was on 800mg of Gleevec and the only side effects I had were a mild skin irritation and some nausea if I didn't eat enough when I took it, but I became resistant.  I noticed that some people have experienced fatigue on Tasigna and I have too, but it seems coupled with the inability to sleep once and while.  Just wondering if anybody else experiences this, and or if it will pass as my body gets used to metabolizing Tasigna.

Thanks,

Carter

#2 cometbro

cometbro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

I've been taking Tasigna for about 4 and 1/2 months and it definitely affects my sleep.  I cannot sleep past 8 hours without getting disoriented in my bed.  Even getting close to 8 hours makes me uncomfortable.  This is coming from a guy that was used to sleeping 10-12 hours easily.  I lied on my bed to go to sleep last night at 11:30 pm and woke up at 2:20 a.m. thinking it was time to get up (could've been the tacos I ate last night and a little feeling of acid reflux).  I would say 6 to 7 hours is my maximum sleep capacity these days, even when doing heavy workouts.

It kind of gives me like a "deep" sleep or a "heavy-headed" sleep where my mind sinks in, but only lasts maybe a couple of hours before I wake, look up at the clock and attempt to go back to sleep again.  Kind of like an intoxicated or drunk sleep.

This doesn't happen all the time.  Sometimes I could actually sleep 6-7 hours straight through but once I hit that six or seventh hour, I have to make sure I get out of my bed abruptly because my body and head starts getting uncomfortable (kind of like dizzyness/disoriented).

Working out does help because your body is so tired, it forces you to sleep more.  So at 4 1/2 months, the sleeping problem does still happen every once in a while.

#3 janmdo

janmdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

I have been on Tasigna since July and have had the exact symptoms as you but they are not near as bad.  The itching is completely gone and I did have to have a prescription to sleep.  For the last month, I havnt had to use anything to get to sleep and the fatigue has actually gotten alot better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users