Photo

Why change a good thing? Again! This blog format is a pain in the ARSE!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ludwigh

Ludwigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

I am having a hard time with this new format... How do you get here from the LLS home page? What a pain in the ARSE!!! Best thing that the LLS had was these discussion forums for patients and caregivers.

Terry

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

From LLS Home Page:

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Community >                   LLS Blood Cancer Discussion Boards >                   Living with... >                   Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
Or bookmark:

#3 canusa

canusa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

Hi Terry~

I've never posted in the CML section but your post caught my eye because I've had problems navigating from the new LLS home page today also.

And I can't remember everything I clicked to get here just now

But I do find the new home page to be more visually attractive, even if it is harder to find these discussion boards.

Anyone who already uses bookmarks probably doesn't know what we are talking about!

Good luck!

Lynne

#4 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:21 AM

Yesterday I tried to log on here from a different computer that didn't have a bookmark for the discussion board.  I was appalled.  It took me several minutes to find the discussion boards and I knew what I was looking for.  I couldn't decide whether the LLS was deliberately trying to hide the discussion boards from new patients or just that their designer needed a damn good kicking.

#5 canusa

canusa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:04 AM

Yes, if font size & page placement are any indication, it does seem as if the LLS is promoting the other online support options (the Live Chat & Support Groups) more so than these discussion forums.

I think I should post a message asking for a direct link to these forums from the new home page.

No harm in asking, eh?

Lynne

#6 helenet

helenet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

Easier yet- when you first log in-- go to History-- in the drop down box you will see  "places"-- (meaning your place) and our CML sight is right there

#7 canusa

canusa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

That's a great hint but first we have to get to the log in page.

And what Terry, Phil & I have discovered in the past two days is that there is no longer a one click connection from the recently redesigned www.LLS.org home page.

I did post a request in "comment on these discussion boards" and received an answer, but not the one I wanted...

#8 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

I wrote an email to the LLS folks about this issue.  I don't know how anyone new could find us except by tripping over us on a Google search.

#9 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

The LLS folks agree that a change is needed:

QUOTE:

Hi Trey,

Thanks for your message and feedback. We are in the process of adding a Discussion Boards link on the LLS  website home page. I will let you know once that change has been made.

Best,

Clare

Clare Karten, MS

Senior Director, Mission Education

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users