Photo

Interaction between TKIs and Nexium (esomeprazole)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:08 PM

Currently, Nexium (esomeprazole) is often prescribed by doctors without them really knowing the interactions. I was prescribed it number of times. If you look at the other focus groups, we find that several CMLers took Nexium without knowing it had an interaction with TKIs. Many of them took Gleevec with Nexium for several years without noticing any problems.

Drug interactions with the TKIs imatinib, dasatinib, and nilotinib (pdf version)
                      "Are there any foods or medications I should avoid while taking my CML medication?"
                       Drug/Food Interaction Chart by CML Society of Canada
                       http://www.cmleukemia.com/food-and-drug-interactions.html 

chimiste003[1].gif

#2 cousineg

cousineg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

WARNING!

When we take Nexium, we have to check the magnesium level regularly.
'Use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) regularly for a
year or longer may lead to low levels of circulating magnesium, which may
increase the risk of leg spasms, arrhythmias, and seizures, according to an FDA
warning.'
Extract of
http://www.medpagetoday.com/Gastroenterology/GERD/25147

#3 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hi Gilles

I was on nexium for about 5 years, last year out of the blue my gastroentologist called me and switched me to protonix. I have barets disease I don't even know what it is really. I guess I had acid reflux so long it damaged my esophogus real bad and I had precancerous cells.My Dr. was getting ready to send me to pittsburg for throat surgery. Thank God the nexium started to heal my esophogus so no surgery. Since I have been off G my stomache is so good  I can  eat a chilidog before bed.,G did not agree with me at all. I put up with it for 3 years Now that I am on S I don't have any problems like I had with G. Some people can tolerate G real well but I sure couldn't. I get the scope once a year now and it comes out really good. So I have to be on something to protect my throat for the rest of my life. So I guess I will have to take my chances. I don't really know that much about computers but I am going to learn. The music sites you sent were great.I'm having trouble sleeping again obviously! So I bought all kinds of subliminal tapes and easy listening tapes We did have a nice radio station that only played classical music that put me to sleep in 5 minutes. Well they took it off the air and made it a 24 hour sports station. I was livid. There is sattelite radio available in our area but we are retired and we pay so much just for cable phone internet I refuse to pay any more to those crooks. The problem is there is no competition we have access to 1 gas,electric,cable,phone,co.

Enough complaining I just bought a new cd today IL DIVO I never heard of them untill I heard and SAW them on a Barbra Streisand Special. They sure were sounding (and looking pretty good).So I am going to bed and put my headphones on and hopefully be able to sleep. All these new subliminal tapes and classical tapes play in the high c octave and it sounds so shrill. Take care and I hope you're having a good day. I actually took all the cobwebs down and vacuumed my entire house today.My hubby may have to pry me out of bed tomorrow morning.  Best Wishes Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users