#21 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi:  I have never had it as bad as what you are describing, but I have had the eyelid problem for what seems forever.  When I get up in the morning, I put a icepack on my eyelids and underneth the eye to get the swelling down.  I have found that the side I sleep on is the eye that is the worst in the morning.

I am on 400mg.  Maybe a diuretic would help.

#22 janekaye

janekaye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

When I was taking Gleevec, I had a lot of swelling - in fact, I really often didn't look like my "former" self at all.  The switch to Sprycel over a year ago made a big difference with the eye/facial/leg and ankle swelling.  And then when my lasix was upped to 80mg a day because of pleural effusions, that obviously helped more.  HOWEVER, I still experience some swelling after all that.................it just seems to go with the meds for a lot of us.  Some days are better than others, and there are probably lots of other determining factors that we don't even think about all the time, such as temperature, diet. hydration, etc.

#23 5tigercubs

5tigercubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

i am noticing that the benadry is helping with mostly all of the swelling, so i am thinking that so far it is just an allergic thing. i havent had any other swelling with feet or hands. just the extreme fatifue, bone pain and allergy. im am being pretty patient with myself though and just taking things as they come. even naps if i have to. i hate naps....but i dont sleep much at night either.

#24 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:37 AM

Hi 5tc,

Gleevec effects us in different ways, touch wood, the only things I am suffering with now is fluid retention in the ankles (worse on some days than others); occassional feeling of nausea; keratosis pilaris on the face; and the occasional cramp in the left calf in the morning when I strectch in bed. I don't tend to get the fatigue.

So do you think you are coping with the side effects on the Gleevec so far?

#25 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

Hi 5tg,

I was just thinking about you, so I thought I would check in with you. How are you doing on the G and benydryl?Keeping you in my prayers.

LOL Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users