• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hi every one, been awhile since I posted.  As far as I know I am still PCRU, will find out in 3 wks if it's still there.  My problem is here lately my hands are cramping something awful and my knees are bothering me too.  My hands are swollen when I first get up but they realy hurt and my last 2 fingers on each hand hurt the most.  That is all the time not just when I get up.  I know it sounds weird.  It seems as time goes on something new keeps coming up. The fatigue is still there.  Still got the shakes but have gotten better since new oncologist but I still have to use the xanax every morning and 1 at night.  But not used to the hand issues and it really hurts and I drop things with out even knowing it till it's to late.  Any one else have this problem?

Thanks, Dee

#2 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

HI, Dee. . .

Sorry to hear that you are having hand cramps.  I had this issue a lot when I was on Gleevec.  For me, my fingers would freeze up in very odd positions. . .usually after I had been carrying something heavy, or doing something to use the hand muscles. . .cleaning my glasses, using the brake and clutch levers on the motorcycle, opening a jar, etc.  I found that if I caught the cramp early and just pulled my fingers back into the right position, it cleared up pretty quickly.  The foot cramps were harder to control.  Mostly, I just learned to deal with it, and not let it be a big issue for me.  Good luck!

#3 everonward

everonward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:14 PM

Dee

I too get bad bad hand cramps - I also have swollen fingers in the morning which I had put down to water retention. Stretching seems to help.

wish I was pcru too  

#4 MomMom

MomMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi,  It's been a while since I last was here, too.

Dee, I have the same problems with hand, feet, legs, sides, etc.  All take a turn cramping up and it is really bad sometimes.  I also have Xanax for the night time when it seems to be the worst.  The hands are mostly during the day with never a warning.  Just bam they draw up and cramp. I am after 2 1/2 years finally PCRU and my doc was excited for me.  Still seeing him every three months, though.

Everonward,  fatigue remains an issue for me, as well as some hair loss and other things.  My response to Gleevec has been very good and even with side effects, I am living my "new" normal pretty well.

Sorry, I don't have any answers for the cramping, Dee. I try tonic water with juice at night  Trying to fool my psyche into believing it works.

Best to all,

Kay

#5 Guest_billronm_*

Guest_billronm_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Hi Dee, My pcp recommended 250mg of magnesium a day. It really helped with my leg cramps. I also have a bar of soap at the foot of my bed.Nobody knows why but it does work. Even my cardiologist uses it. I was on G for 3 years. I finally was switched over to Sprycel. The side effects for me were much lesser than on G. My problem is I am so tired I can barely function.I know I am slightly anemic but it isn't bad. I definitely could not take one of those shots.

Since I have been on Sprycel I get the strange tremors all over my body I'ts hard to explain I feel like my body is jerking all over. I have Xanax but it doesn't help. I have noticed when I am under a lot of stress that will happen, It will last a couple days then go away and come back whenever it wants to. That,s one thing I didn,t have with G. I have only been on S 4 months now.  Do you think it will go away once my body gets used to the Sprycel?

I hope you are feeling better, Yours Truly Billie

#6 danno

danno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

I had severe cramping in the hands as well. Putting a ice pack on it seem to help temporarily.

The doc prescribed Quinine and 1680 mg of magnesium daily. After a month I stopped taking Quinine and oly taking magnesium and I have

not had no cramping the last 2 months.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users