• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:38 PM

Since i have been here, i see its still a busy place for CMLers like us. Just thought i would mention to the new folks and ones who have been my friends here, and the old board for awhile, DX in November 2004, went on this new drug called Gleevec, did fairly well for a few years other than the "G" effects many of us know so well. Numbers started creeping up almost two years ago, so doc put me on Sprycel...been great... low numbers since. hope some of the new folks take a little time to read some of the even longer survivors posts and see that there IS life after DX, im not playing it down by all means i had some SERIOUS depression in those early years believe me! maybe the Gleevec...jury seems to still be out on that one, but non the less...life goes on...and hopefully on and on and on..:) take care all.

Jeff

#2 5tigercubs

5tigercubs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

interestingly enuough i was wondering if Gleevec stole my smile today......hmmmmmm

anyway, nice to read your post. needed a pick me up at this moment.

#3 Marnie

Marnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hey, Jeff. . .

It is very helpful for the new folks (guess I'm not all that new any more. . .coming up on 2 years now) to hear from those of you who have been on the TKIs for awile.   It certainly makes it a lot less scary to know that cml is not a death sentence, and that folks are managing it well.

Marnie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users