#1 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

HI:  I have had a brutal few months, and not been on to post or even read.  Just got out of the hospital last Friday from having a huge blood clot in my leg.  I was having trouble for a long time, but just thought it had something to do with my Arthritis.  Then I could not stand on my leg, and it swelled up real bad.  Was put in the hospital immediately after my ultrasound.  Told me it was a very huge clot that has been there for quite awhile.  On Coumadin now, but afraid of it dropping my platelet count too low.

Has anyone else dealt with DVT and being on Gleevec or any other TKI.  My last post was how good I was doing with my PCRU, and then all this developed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Susan

#2 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

Susan,

If it's not one thing it's another! I'm so sorry and I don't have a bit of advice or first hand knowledge. I just know you will work through this with your usual grace and I hope the DVT resolves quickly for you.

Take care!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#3 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:22 AM

So sorry to hear about the DVT Susan. I wondered where you had been, usually you are here with a response or some kind words for people. I wish you the best on the coumadin and pray all goes well for you.

MJL.

#4 BethG

BethG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

H Susan,

No practical advice, but ouch! So sorry to hear you've had this challenge. I hope the meds do their job and you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,

BethG

#5 janekaye

janekaye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Susan,

So sorry to hear about the DVT - my husband had his first experience with that in the fall and is just going off the Coumadin this week.  You are absolutely right - it's a real pain (literally and emotionally).  He was very "down" for the first few weeks b/c he was limited in what he could.  However, all seems better now, and I know you'll improve over time as well.

In the meantime, know that you're in my thoughts.  I always appreciate your upbeat support of the rest of us here who have not had CML as long as you have.

Take care of yourself,

-janekaye

#6 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

Dear Susan,

I am happy they found the problem and you are OK.  I am so sorry you had to go through such pain.  I hope this passes soon and things get back to a comfortable level for you fast.

All the best,

Teds

#7 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

I just posted on the Gleevec and Coumadin.  Seems I have 2 posts going on the same subject.  They are trying to adjust my dosages right now, but my advice to everyone is to walk as much as you can, even when you do not feel like it.  Also, try not to sit for long periods with knees bent.

I do walk around the house a lot, but I am not one to go walking outside.  I have stairs in my house that I am up and down constantly, and I was surprised to hear it was a DVT.

I have such bad Arthritis, and both legs always hurt.  I even had them do the ultrasound on both legs when they suspected a blood clot.

The left leg was totally normal, and then the right leg was bothering me a lot for quite awhile.  I apparently had a blood clot there for quite some time.

If you have a blood clot, and you sit and bend your knees or not active then it gives it time to accumulate more blood to build up the clot.

Blood is basically sticky, so it just keeps attracting more blood to the clot.

I Thank Everyone for thinking and praying for me.  I continue to pray for everyone and whatever they are going through everyday.

I am sure I am not the only one who has all these problems day in and day out.  Its hard to take one day at a time, but I do try.

I will try to get on here more often, but I do not want to sit for long periods.  I will share whatever I learn as I go through another experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users