• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dee145

dee145

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

I have been really sick since saturday and I was on a antibiotic from the dermotogist for this cyst he worked on so I figured that was enough and I got some Mucinex.  I just kept getting worse and couldn't handle it any more today so went to the family dr.  I had a temp. of 101 and she said my chest was severely conjested and the antibiotic I was on would of never taken care of it.  She gave me a z-pack antibiotics and a inhaler cause i was wheezing and strong cough syrup for at night.  She checked it all out I am just afraid with all the other meds I take it will be a little much.  The cough medicine is hydrocodone and she said it's ok to take at bedtime with my anti-depressant Elavil but when I looked it up it had a moderate interaction, is that ok?  I just want to feel better, my body hurts all the time anyway from the CML now double that with being sick.  I threw my Gleevec up last night cause I guess i didn't eat enough.  So far tonight its still down but had to force myself to eat cause when your sick your not hungry.   So is it ok to be on all these meds at once even for a short time?  Don't want to overdose here either!!!!  It's so cold here and snow storm coming tomorrow she said to take meds and hibernate for a few days.   I even had a flu shot, what the hell good was it?  I never got flu shots before and never got this sick before.  She said if I had waited much longer she would of put me in the hospital with the temp. and conjestion and wheezing.  God i want my summer back!!!!!

Dee

#2 MJL

MJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:53 AM

TAKE YOUR MEDS!!!!!!!!!! Have a little faith in your Doctor, it's temporary. Quit worrying  and get better.

#3 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Take your meds, and you will be fine.  I have had to take numerous medications like the ones that were prescribed to you when I had Pneumonia.

It will not interfere with anything.  You cannot keep running a high temp and have all that congestion, or you will go into Pneumonia.

I get my Flu and Pneumonia shots when they are due.

We are going to have a snow storm tonight here also.  A little Chicken Soup always helps too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users