Photo

Ankle tightness/stiffness...side effect?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mscl

mscl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSalina KS

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Over the last couple months, I've noticed ankle tightness after siting for a period of time or when I get out of bed in the morning. They loosen up after a minute or two of walking and moving around. I've learned to stretch them a little to loosen them up before I get up to help out with the ankle stiffness. Anyone experience anything like this? Wondering if it is yet another side effect of my TKI. Currently on 20 mg of Sprycel.
Dx 2/10/12.
Sprycel 100. mg.
10/2015, Pleural effusions, both sides, about a 3-4 week break in Rx, reduced to 70 mg.
PEs, weren't completely gone, started building back up, about a 6-8 week break in Rx.
01/2016, Reduced to sprycel 50 mg.
10/2016, developed severe skin rash, mainly upper arms and upper legs, smaller rashes on lower arms, lower legs, upper back/neck. Rx break of about 6 weeks.
1/25/17, reduced to Sprycel 20 mg.
7/19/17, still at 20 mg Sprycel, undetectable.
11/9/17, 20 mg Sprycel, undetectable.

#2 lulusflyin

lulusflyin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hi MSCL-

I have been on Sprycel (100mg and lately 80 mg) for 15 months.  I have varying levels of discomfort tightness - particularly in the lower legs.  Symptoms vary based on the day/week/what I've been doing.  Staying active and stretching seems to be the main cure or maybe epsom salt baths. I think it is a pretty common side effect with the TKI's unfortunately.  I have not had much luck completely eliminating - tried massage, acupuncture, magnesium supplements, etc.  Mostly staying active/stretching, regular hot epsom salt baths and maintenance massage or acupuncture if it is within your means.

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users