2 replies to this topic

#1 jlegakis

jlegakis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hi folks! I have been on 800mg. Tasigna for 3 mos. and my recent FISH came back NEGATIVE, but my PCR was at 27.9%??? Is that possible since a 0% FISH correlates , I believe to about 1-5% PCR? Do you think the decimal is wrong and my PCR really is at 2.79%??Or, is there a lab error? Anyway, I am very happy with the result overall! My next PCR is in 3 mos. so should I just wait?

#2 tiredblood

tiredblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

From what I understand it is possible. When I went off the TKI, lost response and had a BMB to confirm my diagnosis, PRC on blood and bone marrow was positive while FISH was negative. I can't remember exactly what the doctor said, but I got the idea that as the PCR numbers climb, the FISH would eventually be positive. My not so educated guess is you are headed in the right direction with treatment effectiveness. Of course, when my FISH was negative, my BM PCR was only 0.575.

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

The expectation would be for a lower PCR with a zero FISH.  There are some variables which could account for the higher PCR number but overall it seems odd.  I would ask the Onc for an explanation since he would have access to the lab information. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users