#1 Harper3994

Harper3994

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTrinity, Florida

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:34 PM

Was diagnosed in July 2015 and have been taking Tasigna 600 mg daily. In January my Lipase numbers were going up so they had me stop med and retest..numbers went down. Started med again and sure enough Lipase went up again. Was told to take 300 mg per day and numbers are better but still on high side...today it was 116. My oncologist at Moffitt said today to stay on 300 mg for 2 weeks and get labs again. In Febuary BCR-ABL was o.295, log reduction 3.045. I have not seen much info on this subject. Really don't want to change meds since I am finally feeling very well. Whenever the word pancreas comes up I get very scared. Wondering if I should change to another med. They have not mentioned that option but I want to be prepared.

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

Although elevation of lipase and amylase can sometimes show an issue with the pancreas itself, drug induced enzyme elevation does not necessarily indicate "damage" to the pancreas.  Unless you have pain in the area of the pancreas it may just be that the Tasigna is somehow causing the pancreas to release these enzymes.  The exact reason for this is not clear.  So it would appear to be an acceptable approach to continue with the Tasigna.  The issue could clear up over time, but if not, you could chose to switch at some point in the future.  With your PCR numbers you have options.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2791949/

#3 Harper3994

Harper3994

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTrinity, Florida

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:01 AM

Thanks Trey for all the info. I feel better after reading this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users