4 replies to this topic

#1 RandellR

RandellR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:24 PM

HI, sorry for my absence . To refresh your memories I have CML and Cerebral Palsy . I am happy to say that that I am in remission . I am on Tasigna and having a lot of side effects  for example, bone pain and tiredness.  My potassium level has been low 7 times since June of  14.  My last Red Blood Cell Count  was 4.77. What do you think could help me with my tiredness ?

Thanks,

Randell 

Randell Resneder

#2 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hi, RandellR.  Glad to hear that you are in remission.  I'm on Gleevec, and I'm also dealing with low RBC, as well as low hbg, mcv, & iron.  I had a couple of IV iron infusions, which helped the feeling of exhaustion.  I'm now taking oral iron tablets.  I'll find out if they're working next month.

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#3 chriskuo

chriskuo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:06 AM

How long have you been on Tasigna and what is your dosage?

#4 RandellR

RandellR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:30 AM

I have been on it since 2/14 150mg a day

Randell Resneder

#5 tammielee

tammielee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:06 PM

Hi, I'm not on the same med as you. 7 times you're potassium was low. What's the Dr. do or say to that?? My other question is what other things are low that the dr. just don't normally check for with Cml. The reason I'm asking is. I was really dragging to even get out of bed. I ask my dr. to check my Iron and thyroid levels. He ran some different lab test and was low on B-12 and calcium. I was already taking potassium. Good luck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users