3 replies to this topic

#1 Widgeonus

Widgeonus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Had a appointment with my Onc today and on the way to my appointment, the nurse calls to inform me that someone screwed up and the Onc is not in today. While I have her on the phone, I got her to give me my PCR results and it went from .04 to .06 MD Anderson Scale which equates to .014 to .021 IS scale.

Would this be considered a significant jump and should there be cause for concern? Of course, I am freaking out right now and I cannot get in touch with any of the PAs on my Oncs team.

This is essentially 3 months before my 2 year diagnosis. Any solace in the fact that I am still MMR and have not progressed or had a mutation?

#2 Lucas

Lucas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

hey, that's the same result. pcr tests have an half log of margin of error. you're fine. try not to concern about it :)

#3 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

Mine did the same thing, it went from .02 - .05, not an issue. If it makes you feel better, my next test came back negative! Look forward, not back!

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

Such small differences have no meaning, especially beyond MMR where you are.  PCRs are not that precise. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users