#1 jmoorhou

jmoorhou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationOutside of San Francisco

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

I had to take an antiviral for 10 days, a strong one.  I had some pain in I think was my liver maybe spleen, but it went away.  Then on the 12 day I had two large glasses of wine.

Now the pain is back constantly, feels like my spleen did the first year.

Trey or anyone do you have any idea what caused this and will it go away.

Thanks

Diagnosed 3/2014 WBC 28 Non detectable within 3 monthsGleevec 400 mg 5/2014 one hour after dinner really improves nausea300 mg 12/15/2016200 mg and 300 mg Gleevec 2/25/2017 (after 3 years on Gleevec) For last four months taking 300 mg per day. Last CMC showed liver enzymes elevated, went to a good Naturopath and he recommended 4 Tumeric, 10,000 mg Vitamen D, and 3 milk thistle (silymarin) daily. Also use One<p>Day Detox Dandeloin tea, and Nettle Tea and a slice of ginger every day...in two months liver tests were below normal.Janis

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

I assume the drug may have been acyclivir or something like it.  These drugs can be hard on the liver and kidneys.  Kidney or liver pain are a definite possibility.  Check with the doc who gave you the antiviral.

If not, you would need to have a GP doc look at the specifics.  The spleen, liver, pancreas, kidneys, gall bladder, stomach, intestines are all in there together.  Actual organ pain vs gas pain can be hard to distinguish.  You have said before you have some IBS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users