• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WorriedSon

WorriedSon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

My mother was diagnosed dec.2006 cml its been a battle ever since and now shes worse than ever!!been in ICU for 14 Days wont eat talks at a whisper when she does don't hardly drink and is ready to give up!! she had fluid built up around heart lungs kidneys heart beat up to 160 then down to 50 doc ran tests 2 weeks ago sent em off and theyre still in Oregon ONC took her off tasigna ad with the family prodding him and the others they started Dialysis Runs tuesday night at 1130 then another Wednesday morn 1130 and this morning!!ive been up all night reading and trying to educate myself but im confused!! were not sure the dyalisis is gonna help the kidneys or anything else and dare I even think that has it went to far and theres no return in her futue!!any help experiences is greatly appreciated!!

wingedrider

#2 Gail's

Gail's

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this! I don't know about all the issues she's facing but do know that some TKIs have the side effect of heart problems. Any time heart is not working well, other major organs like kidneys can be affected. How old is your mom? Did she have other health problems when she was diagnosed with CML? And welcome here. There are really smart folks here who can maybe help more but know I'm pulling for you & your family.
Diagnosed 1/15/15
FISH 92%
BMB 9:22 translocation
1/19/15 began 400 mg gleevec
1/22/15 bcr 37.2 IS
2/6/15 bcr 12.5 IS
3/26/15 bcr 10.3 IS
6/29/15 bcr 7.5 IS
9/24/15 bcr 0.8 IS
1/4/16 bcr 0.3 IS
Started 100 mg dasatinib, mutation analysis negative
4/20/16 bcr 0.03 IS
8/8/16 bcr 0.007 IS
12/6/16 bcr 0.002 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 70 mg
4/10/17 bcr 0.001 IS
Lowered dasatinib to 50 mg
7/5/17 bcr 0.004 IS
8/10/17 bcr 0.001. Stopped TKI in prep for September surgery.
9/10/17 bcr 0.006
10/10/17 bcr 0.088

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

There is not actually such thing as being allergic to TKIs, just side effects.  But the side effects can require intervention when they are serious.  Also remember that the drugs do not always cause the condition.

It is hard to tell from your information whether this is a kidney shutdown or pleural effusion (fluid build-up around the lungs and heart).  She should have the fluid around the heart removed by the doctor (thoracentesis) if that is an issue.

http://www.webmd.com...g/thoracentesis

Additional information would help us answer your question more precisely.

#4 Billie Murawski

Billie Murawski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationErie,Pa

Posted 16 April 2015 - 10:16 PM

Hi Worried Son,

I am so sorry about your mother,have they talked about draining fluid from her lungs I don't know what they do about fluid around the heart. I had a pleural effusion and they drained 2 liters of fluid from just my left lung the other lung was fine,I know in some cases draining the fluid is not the answer. I have cml and I take the tki sprycel when I got the pe I was taken off sprycel for 6 weeks and I'm fine now. I'm really glad they took her off tasigna, as soon as they removed that fluid I felt better immediately.

Billie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users