#1 DebDoodah22

DebDoodah22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

has anyone here used / participated in the LLS Thursday online chats? I tried to check this out a couple of times and cannot get past the registration screen...have others been able to log on or is this a dead link?

#2 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

I participate in the online chat from time to time.  After you register, you will start getting email reminders on the day of the chat, with a link to the chatroom.

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

#3 pammartin

pammartin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

I have tried on and off for a few years, I never got past the log in screen either.  Have to admit I gave up pretty easy because I thought by the time I was logged in it would be already to far along to catch up.

#4 soundoff

soundoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

I found the chat was a waste of time. Everytime you type it has to be approved by moderator. If they don't like what you typed it won't be posted. As someone with CML I don't like being moderated in real time by another person who does not have CML. The1st amendment doesn't exist there.

#5 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

Tried it.  Nice idea, but it does not work out very well.

#6 Brooke15

Brooke15

Admin

• Administrators
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

Thank you all for your feedback on the LLS chats.  I am very sorry some of you have run into technical issues and were not able to participate.  I will be looking into that with our IT department but also note that at this time the chats cannot be accessed by tablet or smartphone.  You need to log on from a laptop or desktop computer for now, but this is something we hope to update very soon.  Here are some tips to signing in:

• The link below is good for all of the chats.  You choose the chat you would like to participate in after signing in.  To sign in you click on the link below.  Then the Chat Login Box appears . You make up a display name then Click Logon as Guest (NO PASSWORD EVER NEEDED). Once you  click LOGIN, you can choose the Chat Room .
  • If you still cannot get into the chat using this link and the instructions above, you may have to change one of the settings on your computer's browser, or your security settings are not allowing Java (the program's platform) to run. 

Link to participate in the chat: http://host5.chatbla...YS0WB1V;zUwfosz

You may want to test this out to see if it works by trying to get into a chat that takes place on another night.  Here is the link to the information on all of our chats: http://www.lls.org/#...rt/onlinechats/

If this still does not work for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. 

As far as the moderation: Each chat is moderated by an oncology social worker, as many of our live support groups are as well. The purpose is to provide support and information to those on the chat and insure that it is a "safe" place for participants to share what they are going through.  Yes, the design is for the moderator to read what is said first but only things that are inappropriate or clearly in violation of the chat guidelines (please see registration) would not be passed along to the group. It also allows you to "speak" privately with the moderator if you need to do so for any reason.

I really hope you are willing to try a chat again some time.  You all are so wonderful about supporting and encouraging each other here and the chats would be another place you could share that with others or get some support through this journey. 

Again, please feel free to email me here if you have anything you would like assistance with directly.

#7 lplaskin

lplaskin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

The online chats are not helpful, if that is what you want.  The moderator was assisting me into expressing my concerns, but once the others joined in, that stopped.  Everything was talked about, but only a little about CML.  I tried several times, both on tues. & thurs., but was disappointed.  :mellow:

#8 lplaskin

lplaskin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

The online chats are not helpful, if that is what you want.  The moderator was assisting me into expressing my concerns, but once the others joined in, that stopped.  Everything was talked about, but only a little about CML.  I tried several times, both on tues. & thurs., but was disappointed.  :mellow:

I just read that you can "speak" to the moderator privately (that is one reason she monitors the comments).  Perhaps I'll try again.

#9 Jerry.s

Jerry.s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

I am on it and met a lady who was on Gleevec for eight years and came off of it and has been undetected for almost 5 years now . It's on Tuesdays and Thursday night . It didn't work on safari but works great on Firefox .

#10 Antilogical

Antilogical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

There are not many people that join the chat, so the "regulars" may chit-chat about other issues.  However, when someone asks a question or a newbie joins in, the "regulars" come to attention, asking the newbies how they're doing or what they're taking.  It's a nice real-time virtual gathering of folks who have been diagnosed with CML

Dx: Sudden severe anemia detected 07/2011, followed by WBC spike. CML Dx 02/2012.

Rx: 03/2012-Gleevec400.  Reduced 02/2013 to Gleevec300 due to side effects (low blood counts).

Response: PCR-Und within 7 mo. on G400. Maintained MMR4-MMR4.5 on G300. PCR-Und since 02/2016.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users