#1 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:37 AM

I am very concerned that this is high at 47.10 does this mean I have a more serious leukemia then CML. At diagnosis it would be listed under the lab report Manual Differential under Lymphocytes at that time in August of 2013 it was 3 low. Now I think they have it listed under CBC LY% and it has been increasing at every blood result. Please help, what I have read on the computer it says people with ALL have a high LY%.....

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

#2 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

Do not use white blood count (WBC) percentages.  The TKI drugs drive the neutrophils low, so the lymphocyte percentage will be high by definition even if absolute numbers are normal.  In percentages the numbers must add up to 100%, so the WBC percentages are distorted if anything is either low or high.  Only use WBC absolute numbers.  You do NOT have ALL.  Go back to toting hay bales for the horses and forget about it.

#3 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

Thank you Trey ;)

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users