#41 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

The Major Breakpoint PCR looks for b2a2 and b3a2.  The Minor Breakpoint PCR looks for e1a2.  If you never had e1a2 in any previous PCR, the Minor Breakpoint PCR is not necessary after a while.

But the dollar cost does not make sense.

Edited by Trey, 04 February 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#42 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

Thank you for your help, I am learning. ;)

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

#43 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

I asked my Dr at todays visit if the PCR could of had the small variation because of the different lab that was used and he had said no.  :mellow: I was bummed when he said this but know better. I just wanted to bring to his attention that this was the first time they used a different lab and it being the 6th time I had the PCR done its also the first time it has gone up. He said they both use the International Scale so its the same and it would not fluctuate from 0.013 to 0.054            I also told him how I take my pill at a different time and my stomach pain is gone and he replied that the great thing with Gleevec is you don't have to eat with it. I had all I could do to keep my chin from hitting the floor lol....Glad I have everyone here to talk with that have the same issues or I would think I was the only one.... On a good note he did say he likes to use the same lab each time and will be doing so from here on out. :)

Its never to late to live happily ever after/ Do not squander time; for that's the stuff life is made of

#44 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:55 PM

Not surprising, unfortunately.

#45 Lucas

Lucas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

hey, chrissie, i think that what your doctor told isn't all the truth. the test can vary a half log if you use the same sample. the control gene is another factor and the sample size. in the european cml group they say that you have to have at least 10.000 samples of the control gene to run a good test. there are other factors too, like time to run the sample, etc. hope everything goes alright to you. cheers.

#46 chrissy778

chrissy778

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTroy, New York

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:53 PM

Thank you Lucas :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users