• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Does anyone go through phases of gaining water and then shedding it suddenly?

I have a very morphic body so it's noticeable when I eat too much then go a day or two without eating. Anyway, last night I noticed my belly looked bloated. I then had some anxiety-like symptoms, but they felt a little different, and ended up peeing a ton of times last night. This AM I was noticeably slimmer. I had this happen several times on tasigna.

I have had some anxiety problems come back after switching to sprycel, but I don't usually pee and shed water and weight like that when I'm having those issues. Maybe it's the body's way of correcting?

#2 PhilB

PhilB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

I've certainly noticed on Glivec that I seem to retain water in the evening and then have to offload through the following morning.  The offloading is very much triggered by anything that gets the leg muscles working such as walking or cycling.

#3 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Tasigna is usually least likely to cause water retention.  But it can still happen.

One would wonder where all that fluid was being stored.  The distended abdomen is odd.  It would not be possible to have that much in the bladder, and it does not store in the abdomen.  It would often go to the legs, which is why Phil pees a lot after walking or cycling. 

But the oddest thing is your description of having a "morphic body".  If you did not, then your body would have no form at all.   That would be truly weird.  And you  probably would not need Tasigna.  Just sayin'

#4 jjg

jjg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Yes I do this on Tasigna. It's not a lot of fluid but enough to make for say half a dozen trips to the bathroom over a few hours. Mostly it happens at night when I'd prefer to be sleeping. Last time it happened when I was sick from an adverse reaction to an iron injection. I was running a fever, getting out of bed was difficult and required holding on to walls. I felt dehydrated but my stupid body was getting rid of all this fluid at totally the wrong time. I was pretty "pissed off" about the whole thing.

Other good times for this to happen are on a 15hr flight when you have a window seat.

I don't know where the fluid is stored - seems all over incl. the face. I don't have any fluid in my lower legs/ankles the way I did on gleevec and I don't have the gleevec eyes either.

Dx Dec 2010 @37

2x IVF egg collection

Glivec 600 & 800mg

PCRU March 2012

Unsuccessful pregnancy attempt - relapsed, 3 months interferon (intron A), bad side effects from interferon

Nilotinib 600mg Oct 2012

PCRU April 2013, 2 years MR4.5 mostly PCRU with a few blips

April 2015 stopped again for pregnancy attempt (donor egg), pregnant first transfer, 0.110 at 10wks, 2.1 at 14wks, 4.2 at 16wks, started interferon, slow dose increase to 25MIU per wk, at full dose PCR< 1 for remainder of pregnancy

Healthy baby girl Jan 2016, breastfed one month

Nilotinib 600mg Feb 2016

MMR May 2016

PCRU Feb 2017

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users