• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I daughter who is a RN called me this morning to let me know that my oncologist and his wife was in a horrible wreck this past weekend in Austin TX, that killed his wife instantly.  He is in the hospital.  This is so awful, I am sad, because not only is he a great Dr, but he is a good man.  The Nurses, from the Hospitals to the ones in his clinic, just love him, including my daughter.   And I am left with not only feeling so sad for him for his loss, but I not know, if this will effect me having to get another Dr, whether he is good or not, or how this will effect my care.  Everyone who believes in prayer, please for him, his name is Dr. Michael Ashigbi.

#2 tazdad08

tazdad08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

That is so sad. My prayers are with his family as well as with you

Diagnosed in September 2011. Tried one year of Sprycel. Had great response. Became undetectable in a few months. Changed to Tasigna hoping for less side effects. Self medicated myself down to 20% dose and held for 3 years before becoming detectable again. It has been a journey that has helped me realize what life is about! I am all about a balanced life. I firmly agree with my decision to lower my dose. What is life if you aren't living? Mine will never be the way it was, but it is going to be as good as I can make it! Drs PRACTICE medicine, we can guide our dr to help us with a better life! Don't settle until it's acceptable to you!

#3 Frogiegirl

Frogiegirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Im sooo sorry mariebow. this just goes to show you how precious life is and that no one is given a guarantee. prayers and good vibes coming your way

Diagnosed Oct 2013 Started 600mg of Tasigna  on Nov 4th. Lowered dose a few months later to 300mg due to side affects stayed here declining PCR until March 2015 small jump from 0.0072 to 0.0083 scarred my doc into full dose of Tasigna again 600mg(been miserable since) but reached PCRU 06/15/2015(next test) and have been there ever since. Hoping to have another little one. I have the support of my doc to go off anytime, just scared to jump. might go two years PCRU but he said it wont make much of a difference. I just figured I could possibly go into a trial while preggers if I got the two years behind me.

Nov 8th 2017 went off Tasigna

Dec 1st PCRU off TKI

Jan 5th PCR Detected .0625

Feb 1st PCR Detected .7815

Added 8-6 grams Curcumin daily in Feb

March 3rd PCR Detected 3.2646 YIKES!

stopped trying for baby after February reading. will start new TKI march 16th 2017 (Sprycel)

FYI I'm not done trying for my last little one.

#4 Tex

Tex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts
  • LocationFront Range of the Rockies, Colorado

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

I hope things are able to work out well for him, as well as can be expected anyway.  I trust you will be able to find excellent care in the interim before his return.

Blessings

#5 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thanks, Tex,frogiegirl and Jimmy.

#6 LoriC14

LoriC14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

That is so sad - prayers to him and his family.  Thinking of you and hoping all works out for you as well - know how much having a great doctor makes suce a difference.

#7 Susan61

Susan61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

HI:  That is so sad.  I pray that he does well enough to go back to his practice.  My prayers go to him and his family.

Its so true that we are not promised a tomorrow, and to just live one day at a time.  I hope you find a good doctor, in case he does not come back.

Susan

#8 mariebow

mariebow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Thanks Lori and Susan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users