Photo

PCRU?????? FINALLY I think it happened!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

So, after all my worrying we got the results back from Greg's PCR test.....

MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS FINAL REPORT

Order Number: MD-14-3364 Date Collected: 2/10/2014 9:49 AM

Date Received: 2/10/2014 2:19 PM

Specimen Type: Peripheral blood in

EDTA

Date Completed: 2/13/2014 4:12 PM

Test Name: BCR/ABL1 Analysis, Quantitative

Result:

Negative for BCR/ABL1 Transcripts

BCR/ABL1 copy number: Undetected

ABL1 copy number: 136403

Reference Interval: Negative

Interpretation:

BCR/ABL transcripts were not detected in this specimen.

Does this mean he is officially PCRU??  His labs have always been taken on a Thursday, the last three tests showed a very very slight increase each time.  That added to the new night sweats had me worried things were certainly going in the wrong direction.  He's been on 70mg Sprycel since 2011, I never thought we'd ever get undetected!  If that's what all this gibber above says, I am beyond excited and relieved!!!  Now onto getting a decrease in dosage, I know not for a while but there is hope

Audrey

#2 GerryL

GerryL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Hi Audrey,

Congrats to you and Greg on the negative.

I waited till I had a year of PCRUs before I dropped my dosage, with an okay from the doc. Mind you I was only getting tested every six months, so it took a year for me and the doc to be comfortable with the idea. He was initially against it, but I think he has come to trust me and my view of managing my CML. 

Is Greg over his virus yet?

#3 reedgirl

reedgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

We go back to see him in 3 months which will be good to get a confirmation and another hopeful PCRU.  I think I'll wait until he has a few PCRU's before bringing the subject of a decrease up to him, since it took so long for him to get here, but it is something to look forward to!  It has to be so exciting getting to reduce your dose!  He is still fighting his virus.  They tested him for epstein barr (sp?) as well as some other viruses.  The results showed positive on some of the tests, however they didn't say what to do about it.  I'm thinking it just needs to run its course, that whatever he tested positive for is causing the low grade fever, feeling exhausted and run down, etc.  If things don't look up soon I'll have to call his pcp, give them the test results and see what he says.  We are hopefully planning to fly to Florida soon for a week just to relax and get away from the never ending snow and cold.  That should help him feel a little better.

Thanks so much GerryL, so glad you are on a reduced dosage and doing well!!!
Audrey

#4 Trey

Trey

Advanced Member

• PS Beta Group
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Nice.

#5 Tedsey

Tedsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

Congrats!  May he hold it forever!

#6 hannibellemo

hannibellemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Iowa

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Great! Wonderful! Superb!

Pat

Pat

"You can't change the direction of the wind but you can adjust your sails."

DX 12/08; Gleevec 400mg; liver toxicity; Sprycel 100mg.; CCyR 4/10; MMR 8/10; Pleural Effusion 2/12; Sprycel 50mg. Maintaining MMR; 2/15 PCRU; 8/16 drifting in and out of undetected like a wave meeting the shore. Retired 12/23/2016! 18 months of PCRU, most recent at Mayo on 7/25/17 was negative at their new sensitivity reporting of 0.003.<p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users